New Thank You Page

meppi

*edit* These are the correct ones to use which have been updated to include the new 1999 rule.

posted February 2nd

1440 one

1600 one

I've been thinking about putting one like this together for quite some time now.

But all my previous efforts resulted in pages that didn't live up to the standards I envisioned.

But I quite like the latest creation and after getting the OK from Philly, I present you with the new THANK YOU page for the releases:

x-x-x-Retromags-x-x-x.jpg

As you might notice, the width of the page is 1440 pixels instead of the regular 1280 pixels.

That is because I find that the time has come for me to start putting out my scans at a slightly higher resolution due to the standard monitors getting bigger. (widescreen etc.)

And also since the broadband internet connections are getting faster and less limiting, it won't be much of a problem to have files that are 20-40% larger than before. Certainly not when that comes with a bump in quality as well. ;)

I hope everyone likes it. :)

• Retromags Curator
I'm gonna stick with the old page. This one is hard on the eyes and a bit hard to read, and it doesn't have the retromags logo on it.

I was in talks with Meppi about maybe having around 5 "Thank You" pages that members could choose from. Since not every era feels the same, Nice work though, I may use this one in the Atari Age magazines that I have B)

I'm gonna stick with the old page. This one is hard on the eyes and a bit hard to read, and it doesn't have the retromags logo on it.

Guess I won't be doing this again then...

And a Super Mario World logo wouldn't really fit on a Galaga screen would it. :P

What he said :P

Very good job!

I always had a vision of maybe a Thank You page that maybe was all black or all white, that had the text in the center, but going around the border would be thumbnails of some of the magazines we have released.

2 and a half hours later...............

thanks1440.jpg

And while I'm having fun in Photoshop. :D

logo.png

logo2.png

logo3.png

Making the new logo look a bit closer to the original Super Mario World one.

Although I thought it might be cool to make the letters have a cloth texture so that it feels a bit like Yoshi's Story. :)

Super_Mario_World_Front_Page.jpg

Oh and just for fun, a little throwback to GoldenEye 007. :D

Retromags007.png

And these 2 are cropped and resized (height of 84) to be used as banners:

retromagslogo.png

retromagslogo2.png

I again updated the latest page with several new covers included.

There were 3 EGM, 2 GamePro and 3 Nintendo Power covers on the previous one. So I looked for covers from some other mags and scanned a few new ones as well.

I have tried to pick the most vibrant and nice looking covers for each mag while still trying to keep a nice variation of subjects going.

People that want to use bigger or smaller sizes for the thank you page can look here:

Philly was right. The Thank You page with all the magazines around it looks way cool. Again, awesome job. I will definitely be using that next time I upload.

I again updated the latest page with several new covers included.

There were 3 EGM, 2 GamePro and 3 Nintendo Power covers on the previous one. So I looked for covers from some other mags and scanned a few new ones as well.

I have tried to pick the most vibrant and nice looking covers for each mag while still trying to keep a nice variation of subjects going.

People that want to use bigger or smaller sizes for the thank you page can look here:

Philly was right. The Thank You page with all the magazines around it looks way cool. Again, awesome job. I will definitely be using that next time I upload.

That's what I've been asking for. Give me idea's and I'll try to work something out. :)

Anyway, I'm glad you really like it so much as I'm a bit Photoshopped out right now. tolitsinkernanakris.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...