Who Do You Think Will Win The Presidential Election

Thor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, to me it is very obvious. Obama will win. McCain choosing a woman as a running mate shows me that McCain is looking to draw people away from Obama. I think a part of what makes Obama a fascinating candidate is the fact that he isn't white. And that is one large reason I want him to win. It'll make a nice change of pace and Obama is so far the only black candidate that could pull off the win, just as Hillary is the only woman that can pull off a presidential bid. Hillary was unfortunate as she happened to run at the same time as Obama. If it wasn't for Obama Hillary would of gotten the democratic nomination.

I think Obama will get it. McCain's been in office for something like 30+ years? and yet he's running on "change". Someone that's been in office that long I don't think can bring any change, especially since he hasn't tried while being in the senate. Obama on the other hand has been there for much less of a time and most likely is open for new opinion and ideas, not afraid to try different things instead of falling back on the old.

• Retromags Curator

I found the debate pretty interesting last night; certainly more interesting than the Canadian leaders "debate". I found it pretty close, with both of them making sense on several points. But I think McCain will get the victory, even though Obama winning would be terribly historic.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on the most recent state polling data, it's looking like Obama is most likely to win. There are still a few weeks until the election though so a lot of things could still happen to turn it around. McCain has regained some ground over the past few days but Obama still has a clear advantage when you look at where the electoral votes are likely to go.

IMHO national polls aren't of much use since we don't use the popular vote anyway. If we did, Dubya never would have been "elected" in 2000. :rolleyes: