Retromags Looking For Nintendo Game Guides!

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

I would like to start venturing into the Nintendo Player's Guide area, Below is a list of all the magazines that we are on the lookout for. Anyone who helps us with this project will receive a Lifetime Premium Membership! These are the following ways to help.....

1) Donate your Guide to Retromags

2) Scan your Guide and submit the scans to Retromags

3) Find one of these guides on Ebay, Purchase it and have the seller send it to me

Below is the list of Video Game Guides that we are currently hunting for......

• Game Atlas
  • Game Boy
  • Mario Mania
  • Super NES
  • Top Secret: Passwords
  • The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
  • The Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening (Phillyman)
  • Pokemon
  • Pokemon Special Edition
  • Pokemon Gold/Silver Version
  • Pokemon Crystal Version
  • The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Ages/Seasons
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Donkey Kong Country 2
  • Donkey Kong Country 3
  • Earthbound
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Killer Instinct
  • Mario Paint
  • Street Fighter II Turbo
  • Super Mario All Stars
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Super Mario World 2
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend Of Zelda - A Link To The Past
  • Pokemon Snap
  • Donkey Kong 64
  • Mario Kart 64 (Thanks Mattrob24)
  • The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
  • Paper Mario
  • Star Fox 64
  • Golden Eye 64
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Banjo-Tooie
  • Star Wars - Episode 1 Racer
  • Jet Force Gemini
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Perfect Dark
  • The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • Conkers Bad Fur Day
  • Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
  • Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
  • Super Mario Advance 4
  • Final Fantasy V
  • Metroid: Zero Mission

Or any others that I may have missed, Any Official Nintendo Players Guide that is for the GameCube back to the NES will do. PM me if you wish to donate your guides to this project. Any Game guide books will be accepted, but it would be fantastic if they were the Official ones released by Nintendo. I will be throwing them in between my other scans as I receive them. :D

Post Below if you plan to donate a certain guide to this project so that I don't receive doubles, and if you could glance over the guide and make sure there are no missing pages that would be fantastic also!

-Phillyman

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I have these:

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Banjo Tooie

I plan on scanning them relatively soon and uploading them (all in Mint condition - until I massacre them to scan them ha). I know I have Banjo Kazooie around somewhere but can't find it at the moment.

This should probably go in a separate post, but I have a years worth of Nintendo Power (Issue 115 through 126) that I got free when I pre-ordered Zelda: OoT from Nintendo. If someone would like them (Phillyman?) just say the word and I'll ship them out to be scanned. Only one of these issues is currently scanned so if you don't plan on scanning them then please don't ask. As it is I have many hundreds of classic game / computing magazines to scan and I would rather donate these Nintendo Power's to someone else to scan. It's a shame that before this site existed I threw away about 5-6 years of PSM magazines (every month from the first issue until they switched to PS2)... I just didn't have the room to store them any longer. With my current mags I need to scan them because I am tired of having them take up so much space, as well as they are getting more yellow by the year (for the old mags from the early 80's).

Edited by Waremonger

• Retromags Curator
I have these:

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Banjo Tooie

I plan on scanning them relatively soon and uploading them (all in Mint condition - until I massacre them to scan them ha). I know I have Banjo Kazooie around somewhere but can't find it at the moment.

This should probably go in a separate post, but I have a years worth of Nintendo Power (Issue 115 through 126) that I got free when I pre-ordered Zelda: OoT from Nintendo. If someone would like them (Phillyman?) just say the word and I'll ship them out to be scanned. Only one of these issues is currently scanned so if you don't plan on scanning them then please don't ask. As it is I have many hundreds of classic game / computing magazines to scan and I would rather donate these to someone else. It's a shame that before this site existed I threw away about 5-6 years of PSM magazines (every month from the first issue until they switched to PS2)... I just didn't have the room to store them any longer. With my current mags I need to scan them because I am tired of having them take up so much space, as well as they are getting more yellow by the year (for the old mags from the early 80's).

Cant wait to see some releases from you, As for the Nintendo Power magazines I have not scanned some of them because I dont own them. So if I can get my hands on them I will scan them :)

I want to add that I just won a few NP guides on Ebay tonight:

Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Golden Sun: The Lost Age

Golden Sun/Golden Sun 2 Guide

Super Gameboy Guide

Killer Instinct

Once they arrive at my house, i will debind and scan and upload

Biotrooper

Cant wait to see some releases from you, As for the Nintendo Power magazines I have not scanned some of them because I dont own them. So if I can get my hands on them I will scan them :)

Phillyman, if you PM me where to ship them I'll send them off. I'm just happy they'll get preserved.

As I was digging through some of my Magazine Holders I see that I do still have some issues of PSM that are taking up the unused space in my Next Generation collection so the magazines wouldn't bend. If someone is willing to scan them please let me know and I'll ship them. The issues are from 47 (July 2001) through 59 (June 2002).

Just as a preview to the stuff I plan on scanning I have:

Large set of Electronic Games / Computer Fun (was renamed before it ceased being published - Late 70's, early 80's console mag)

Complete collection of Amiga World (First issue to last)

Almost complete collection of Amiga Computing / Amazing Computing (was renamed before it ceased being published - missing a few issues)

Large collection of Compute Gazette

Large collection of Compute

Large collection of NextGen

3D0 Magazine (I think the full set, but may be missing a few)

Bunch of misc Commodore / Amiga magazines (Transactor, Antic, Amiga Format, Ahoy, C= Magazine, etc)

Hopefully I'll be able to complete this project but it's a hell of a lot of magazines... It doesn't help that I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I started to do this once before but wasn't happy with how they were turning out so I stopped - but that was with an older scanner. I'm using an Epson 4490 Photo now and being that I'm going to debind the magazines to get the best scan I want the scans to be of a high enough quality that 15 years from now it will still be considered great.

• 2 weeks later...

Aquired and currently working on:

Mario Mania - Uploaded to Retromags and released

Super Gameboy - Uploaded to Retromags, not posted yet

Killer Instinct - Scanned, missing Page 3 and Page 4, waiting to see if anyone has these pages

Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age - Still bound, but will be scanning soon

Golden Sun/Golden Sun2 (Prima Guide) - Still bound, but will be scanning

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons - Still bound, but will be scanning

Secret of Mana (Prima Guide) - Just purchased, still bound, but will be scanning

Gameboy - Just purchased, waiting for it in the mail

I know its a lot of work but these are the guides I have and want to scan and contribute :)

• 3 weeks later...
Aquired and currently working on:

Mario Mania - Uploaded to Retromags and released

Super Gameboy - Uploaded to Retromags, not posted yet

Killer Instinct - Scanned, missing Page 3 and Page 4, waiting to see if anyone has these pages

Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age - Still bound, but will be scanning soon

Golden Sun/Golden Sun2 (Prima Guide) - Still bound, but will be scanning

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons - Still bound, but will be scanning

Secret of Mana (Prima Guide) - Just purchased, still bound, but will be scanning

Gameboy - Just purchased, waiting for it in the mail

I know its a lot of work but these are the guides I have and want to scan and contribute :)

Update:

Mario Maina: Uploaded

Super Gameboy Guide: Uploaded

Killer Instinct: Should I uploade even though missing pg 3/4?

Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age: Scanned, Cropped, Just have to put finishing touches then can upload

Golden Sun/Golden Sun 2, Prima Guide, Scanned, Need to crop

Legend of Zelda: OA/OS: Finished, just need to put the files together and upload

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Finished, wasn't sure if it has been uploaded yet?

Secret of Mana, Prima Guide, Scanned, needs to be cropped and touched up

Gameboy Guide: Scanned, needs to be cropped and touched up.

Taking a little bit of time to crop and edit...my autoscanner likes to move the pages a little bit so batch processing is not all that good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are you kidding me I have two guides and a starfox comic to donate to retromags. But I need to know how to put them in downloads and how to put the link in there. It's driving me :angry: that I can't put my guides in here. Someone please tell me how to do this.

Edited by Nintendo1981

Hi, I am new on this website. This is a great website and I'm thinking to contribute a Nintendo Player's Guide for Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island to the site (GBA version but should apply to other versions as well).

I just have a couple questions before I commence:

1. So I just upload the guide to a file storage site, and then pm the link to Phillyman?

2. Can I use Megaupload instead of Rapidshare?

Thank you!

Hi, I am new on this website. This is a great website and I'm thinking to contribute a Nintendo Player's Guide for Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island to the site (GBA version but should apply to other versions as well).

I just have a couple questions before I commence:

1. So I just upload the guide to a file storage site, and then pm the link to Phillyman?

2. Can I use Megaupload instead of Rapidshare?

Thank you!

Yeah, pretty much you have the right idea. Currently most releases are in 1440 wide resolution (just resize the scans in your photo editing software, it should automatically scale the height too).

Here is a topic about editing and scanning everything to get you started. If you are confused about something please, don't be afraid to ask about it, someone will help you.

http://www.retromags.com/forums/Scanning-E...uide-t2727.html

Here is what I found at Home.

Star Wars Rogue Leader (RS II)

Goldeneye

Top Secret Passwords

Pokemon Stadium I

Mortal Kombat II

StarFox 64

If you guys need any, let me know where I have to send it and the best way that I can send them. I would like them back, but if someone from the site is wanting to purchase them just say so as I know we could work something out.

You still searching for guides? I have the NES Atlas, already unbound as it fell apart years ago. I believe most of the pages are there, but can't guarantee it. Also have the FF1 players guide, SNES guide, Earthbound, Majora's Mask, and Paper Mario guides. Not sure if I have more tucked away. Does it matter which version guide? Some are official, some made by Versus Books.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...