Wwf Wrestlemania Arcade: Anything?

marc

As a big fan of this game I'm looking for every information (previews, reviews, tips, strategies, behind the scenes, trivia) about it from magazines back from 1995(4?).

I've searched GamePro and EGM front covers from Year 1995 and almost nothing, just MK3 all over...

Only thing which I have myself at home is GamePro (December 1995). which holds Sega Genesis' version ProReview.

Does anyone have EGM 2 volume 2 issue 4 from October 1995 or could post here at least information in which title&issue I could find something?

• 2 weeks later...

I always preferred WWF Superstars and WWF Wrestlefest in the arcades.

Honestly, I thought even the SNES games from Acclaim were better than Midway's Wrestlemania arcade game. It wasn't even a wrestling game. It was barely a fighting game. :D

Not trying to be a troll or start a flame war. That's just my opinion, and opinions vary. ;)

EDIT: Just got excited when I saw a discussion about old-school WWF wrestling games.

I'm wrestling fan too, and I like "WWF Royal Rumble" and "WWF RAW" (Sega Genesis versionss) too, but I prefer Midway's game because of great fast action and fantastic digitized graphics.

For some reasons this game was just most underrated game ever! In the same time Mortal Kombat was simply most overrated.

That strange fact and opinions about WWF Arcade never ceases to amaze me......

It wasn't even a wrestling game. It was barely a fighting game. :D

..never... :lol:

Edited by marc

...but I prefer Midway's game because of great fast action and fantastic digitized graphics.

No question, the graphics were great. This is not surprising, considering it came from the same development team that created NBA Jam (Mark Turmell's group at Midway). NBA Jam had similar digitized graphics and motion-captured animation, which was still relatively new at that time. Midway was one of the first companies to use this technology in their games (including Mortal Kombat).

Interestingly enough, Mark Turmell's group is making the current-gen TNA wrestling game, which looks much more like a wrestling "simulation" than WWF Wrestlemania the Arcade Game. ;)