Most Freaky Moment You Got Scared By An Snes Game?

andrevus

Yea well im a big fan of the Metroid series too as well as other nintendo games but the time when i got the most scared in my life was when i was 6 and i saw my dad getting pwned by the Mother Brain in Super metroid(you know the unevadeable laser) and even more when the Super Metroid got into the scene.i couldnt play any metroid games for years.but luckily i grew out of it.How about you?which game freaked you out the most on the Snes?

Unfortunately I don't recall being scared much by any video game aside from Friday The 13th on NES, up until the more recent horror games. Clock Tower on Super Famicom/SNES Translation, however, can be quite creepy, especially if played in the dark.

• 3 weeks later...

when i was a kid , i remember the aliens form the contra series my brother use to reach to that stage and my heart will just start racing. i really didnt sleep that night after he played that level from contra 1. and the beating heart just scared the crap out of me.

I'd say it would have to be when I first entered the Ghost House on Super Mario World.

It was the first game I played on my new Super NES and being used to the basic graphics of the Gameboy and the not so great graphics on the Atari ST I was a bit shocked to see it.

I soon got used to it though.

Only really been scared since when I played Doom for the first time, and then Doom 3 on the PC in surround sound with all the lights turned off.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't say I was scared by Doom on the Snes but there were a couple of fairly scary moment's.

It was a different story when I played Doom on the Playstation.

Playing this game with the light's out and the sound turned way up freaked me out quite a bit but in a good way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Night Trap for the Sega CD...

Not really scary because of the wierd dressed up intruders atempting to mutilate young college girls dressed in pajamas and running around a scary house with "traps" all over but more so scary because it was THAT bad of a game. Besides, everytime you thought you would get to see some blurry goodness, someone pops out of a window (or something) and kills her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Man, Super Metroid did have a lot of scary moments... Jurassic Park of SNES, too. The Sega CD Jurassic Park kicked my butt with scaring me... just seeing those dinosaurs coming at me and knowing I'd have to start all the way from the beginning was a pain, too! The first boss on Ninja Gaiden used to scare me, just imagining walking into some random bar and the lights turning on and that freak in my face! I'd have to change my tighty whiteys.

It's sad, I used to get scared from game imagery a lot, but now I can hardly remember a one!