Google Chrome

Phillyman

Nah, I'm sticking with Safari.

Perhaps if it matures a bit it might become a serious competitor, but right now I don't see much advantage in it.

Looks like it's Windows only as well...but I'm not sure.

If anything, should I ever switch browser again, I would probably return to Firefox.

• Retromags Curator

Basically it's a hybrid of Firefox and Opera. It's based on Mozilla, and has functionality from Opera. I'm happy with IE 7 and Netscape 9; I'm not switching to Chrome. Not to mention that Google is getting too big, and I don't like putting all my eggs into the one basket. It gives them too much power. Sure, it's just the Internet, which is very unimportant, but I still like ot have control over myself and how I do things. I use Google's search engine and their mail (once in a blue moon), and that's enough. I'm not going to be someone who uses a cellphone based on Google's Android, their browser, their search, their mail, their chat, their web apps, etc. Screw that. Diversification, bitches! :D

I downloaded it and will use it for a week to see if it behaves better than firefox. So far, firefox has been awesome, except when i load it with like 25 tabs and it sometimes crashes. Also, until it has extensions, like firefox has , it really is no competition. I do however, like the way you can view which tabs (websites) are hogging all your memory. I sometimes see firefox with over 200MB consumed and wonder which of my 25 sites is causing the mayhem.

Installed Google Chrome two days ago.

It loads pages quicker than Firefox and IE and Opera -- at least that's my experience.

The only thing I don't like about Chrome so far is that the screen doesn't scroll when I wan to capture the entire page.

Let's me elaborate a little more about capturing the entire page....

In the past, when I a nice web page and would like to capture the entire page (usual those pages that spans multiple screens, it requires scrolling page down a few times to see them all).

I use HyperSnap to capture that.

I've been using HyperSnap for many years and it works great with IE, Firefox and pretty much all programs I've used in MS Windows.

Now, with Google Chrome, when I use HyperSnap to capture a window that requires scrolling, it just doesn't scroll. It captures the first screen instead and done -- not what I want.

Does anyone experience the same thing as I do ?

Someone has tell to me from email that Google Chrome has been released.

I'll take a look of picture of this browser and it's look's like Wii Internet Browser... Can be nice for a really simple Internet Browser.

But i'm waiting about a final release of the Google Chrome (i don't take on a good eyes beta's versions).

But little browser can be big like we heard

I've downloaded and played with it a little. It seems a little sparse on features right now compared to my add-on heavy Firefox. The way I figure it, the Google folks will continue to tinker with it and add more features as time goes on. I imagine that it will be pretty cool at some point. Whether it will ever replace Firefox as my default browser remains to be seen.