I Really Like This Site Alot

ROCKSTAR6000

Just wanted to say that i've been a member for only 2 days and just wanted to comment that I have been looking around, downloading some mags, and getting addicted to the arcade section and I just wanted to extended my appreciation to the site owner and all the ones who put in alot of hard work here on this site, I used to read Nintendo power all the time and make wish lists of all the games I would want to have, alas my parents put them along with my 1st ever nintendo in a storage unit that they eventually decided to stop paying on and lost it all... so I like that I can find the majority of them on here and read through them including the ads, so keep up the hard work and I will do whatever I can to help out to in the near future. as for now it's off to work... :P :(

I am totally in agreement. Thank you so much for this site. It is an amazing resource to those who love Retro gaming. I honestly don't know of any other readily accessible source of so many different gaming publications and so many years of each.

Thank you Retromags!!

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to add my voice to the thanks - i just signe dup and im quite excited about it all!

I have been reading computer magazines for the last 20 years ...unfortunately i dont own any anymore as ive been convinced to throw them out at one stage or another - my wifes not a fan.

Anyway, since i dont have any to help out i'll have to look into the donation system or something since i definitely want to give some support to the site..

HI. I wonder if you can help me. I just joined this site recently and as I know practically nothing about computers I havent been able to successfully download any magazines yet. I've just been getting a message about cbz/cbr to pdf when I try to open what I've just downloaded. Anyway I hope you can help. Thanks.

Download and install the following program on your PC. (I'm guessing you're using a PC, if you use a Mac or Linux let me know)

http://comicrack.cyolito.com/index.php?opt...4&Itemid=27

When you download a file from our site, unpack it with winrar or something similar.

Then you will get a cbz/cbr file.

Simply double click this file and the just installed ComicRack should open it.

If not you might have to right-click the file and choose open with...

Go to your program file folder and select "always open this type of file with" ComicRack and click OK.

That should do the trick. ;)

Hey. Thanks a lot for all the information. I've just downloaded and installed that ComicRack program. I'm going to download a magazine from Retromags next week sometime and hopefully I'll be able to open it this time.

Thanks again for your help.

A lot of magazines and comic books are coming out on DVD (MAD, X-Men, etc.), so a while ago I e-mailed Nintendo and suggested they put out a DVD of every Nintendo Power ever. And they said there were no plans to do any such thing. What a waste. But they don't have to now that there's this site!

I can't wait to see what kind of weird old-school stuff I'll find here. My local bookstore used to get these UK videogame magazines, and they really blew my mind. I'm really glad there's a site now devoted to this very important, but formerly neglected, aspect of gaming culture.