Meppi - Gb Action

C0llector

Hi, One of my first posts on here, but I think meppi was asking about this magazine in another post. I don't have much information but can verify the following :-

Magazine name = GB Action

Issue 1 1992-06 Published by Europress

The last issue that I have is

Issue 23 1994-03 also published by Europress

Out of these 23 issues I do have 19 of them and I'm pretty sure that the magazine did continue past issue 23, I recall seeing issue 26 on an e-bay auction at some point.

Being aimed primarily at the Gameboy the magazine doesn't have an enourmous amount of pages.

Most of this is from memory as most of my magazines are boxed up on a pallet at work waiting to be sorted.

Regards

C0llector

When I actually get round to sorting through my magazines (it's going to be a while as I'm sorting all my machines & software out at the moment and I've budgeted 6 months for that to be completed) your quite welcome to the GB Action's that I have, I'm pretty sure that they are in good-very good condition. All I would ask for is the cost of postage and a copy of the scans when complete. I think I have about 20-30 boxes of magazines with approx 50-60 mags per box going back to probably 1983-84 for some systems. Not sure how many would be appreciated on here though as most of them are computer rather than console based and most scans I've seen on here are for consoles (not that I'm complaining).

Anyway I'll update people with what I have and what I will be getting rid of when I get round to sorting them all out.

Regards

C0llector

I got some GB Action, irregular issues:

Issue 13 June 93, Issue 17 Oct 93, Issue 18 Nov 93, Issue 19 Dec 93, Issue 20 Xmas 93, Issue 21 Jan 94,

Issue 22 Feb 94, Issue 23 March 94, Issue 24 April 94, Issue 26 June 94, April 95, Sept 95, Oct 95,

Nov 95 (final issue)

So sometime in 94/95 they stopped the numbering and continued with month/year only until Nov 1995, which was the last issue (if I remember right, they had a farewell in the editorial, but like so many here, my gaming magazines (approx 2500) are also boxed up and stored in the spare room).

GBmagazines.jpg

Edited by nintendoman

• 2 weeks later...
I worked on GB Action for a couple of its years. I can probably help out with some background and missing issues if it's needed.

That's great. :)

We already have Richard Leadbetter of Maximum and Sega Saturn Magazine who is a fan of the work we do.

Glad to see more people who originally worked on these magazines are starting to find us and actually like what we are doing. :D