Sign in to follow this  
Hidinger

In Your Opinion, What Was The Hardest Nes Game?

In your opinion, what was the hardest NES game and why?

(Please, lets stay away from things like " Tetris, because it is impossible to beat" as that doesn't make the game hard, just without a set ending.)

For me it was Solomon's Keys. For some reason some of the levels in this top down puzzler were just insane. Granted it was probably a game made for adults and I was playing it when I was like 7 but still. Even when I go back and play it now I tend to die a few times. I think you have to be slightly demented to easily find the solutions to some of those levels.

One of the hardest NES games I've ever played is Super Mario Bros. 2 Japan. Its not a US release but its pretty hard.

Definitely Battletoads... but Ninja Gaiden was a headache. Battletoads because:

1.- Motorcycle Stage

2.- Snake Stage

3.- Many more, jajajajajajaja

Ninja Gaiden because the enemies appear at the moment.... that was annoying....

Ha, Battletoads all the way!

I passed only once the airbike stage, just to fail miserably at the snake's one.

Runner-up: Gradius and Contra (DAMN KONAMI!!!!)

Guest kid_katastrophy

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I could never get past the dam underwater level. It was almost impossible with the time limit and electrified plants.

Final Fantasy on the NES. The amount of random encounters you face everywhere made it extremely difficult and tedious to progress.

Fighting Chaos at the end of Final Fantasy and the last level of Ninja Gaiden made me wanna bust my controller. I DID bust a controller playing very late in the season on Tecmo Bowl. How the heck does a defensive lineman run down Bo Jackson from behind? Completely absurd.

I see no one so far has tried the Dragon's Lair game on the NES. Talk about cheap. I also agree with the first Turtles game by Ultra. That game was rediculous.

I haven't played many NES games but I remember that when I was eight I got Solar Jetman as a Christmas present and my first reaction was like wtf...how can I even control that stupid shuttle. At first it was one big Christmas disappoitment but later it was a great fun. Very long and difficult game.

Dragon's Lair was definitely the hardest Nes game that I played.

That game was so frustrating that I gave up on it pretty quickly.

It's a pity the game was so hard as it looked amazing for a Nes game.

Ninja Gaiden 3, Mega Man 1, and Contra were the hardest for me. I thought Tyson was tough as well in Punchout.