Worst Game Ever!

perudon

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I have been keeping an eye on this topic for a while now...

Superman 64 -- Okay there is some serious weight behind this being the worse game of all time. But at LEAST it had Superman. Yes...it made no sense...but it did have the Man of Steel. I know it isn't much but we are going for the worse game of all time. There is at least a few fanboys out there that ENJOYED that mess. That Green Kryptonite Fog Mess...

Pit Fighter -- Okay, yeah. the controls were sloppy at best, but it was at least the industry trying something new with real person character models. There is also something refreshing at the time about smashing a car up. Yes...Again, not much but you have to look at what we are dealing with.

Busby 3d - Okay...At least you had some idea what you were suppose to be doing. There was a story (although bad one) for you to follow and it even had an ending (if you made it that far)

Now I have not heard a single reason why ANY of these games are worse off then E.T. for the Atari. As quoted above E.T. almost ended the entire video game industry. None of the other games could say that. E.T. Didn't even have a story that one could figure out. You just walked around and randomly fell down wholes where you would have to raise your neck to get out (once you figured out that is what you were suppose to do) Sometimes you got boxes (pieces of something) and sometimes you get food, (which just gives you points) and other times you a guy in black (who would kill you because his movement speed was 900x yours and he could apparently fly).

There is no character appeal (since you play a mass of brown that in no way even remotly looks like E.T.

There is no new inovation in gaming applied here

There is no storyline

There is no ending. Even if you collect all of the boxes nothing happens. You just keep going.

If anyone can show me a game that 1) Almost ends the industry 2) has no plot 3) has no playable controls 4) has no ending 5) has enemies that are unbeatable 6) has no real character recognition 7) has no "fanboy" fanbase 8) was actually recalled and used as landfill.

If anyone can beat that list of "Achievements" then I will bow to their chosen game as the worse game of all time...

Until then. E.T. for the Atari is the worse game ever. QED.

Okay, I have been keeping an eye on this topic for a while now...

Superman 64 -- Okay there is some serious weight behind this being the worse game of all time. But at LEAST it had Superman. Yes...it made no sense...but it did have the Man of Steel. I know it isn't much but we are going for the worse game of all time. There is at least a few fanboys out there that ENJOYED that mess. That Green Kryptonite Fog Mess...

Pit Fighter -- Okay, yeah. the controls were sloppy at best, but it was at least the industry trying something new with real person character models. There is also something refreshing at the time about smashing a car up. Yes...Again, not much but you have to look at what we are dealing with.

Busby 3d - Okay...At least you had some idea what you were suppose to be doing. There was a story (although bad one) for you to follow and it even had an ending (if you made it that far)

Now I have not heard a single reason why ANY of these games are worse off then E.T. for the Atari. As quoted above E.T. almost ended the entire video game industry. None of the other games could say that. E.T. Didn't even have a story that one could figure out. You just walked around and randomly fell down wholes where you would have to raise your neck to get out (once you figured out that is what you were suppose to do) Sometimes you got boxes (pieces of something) and sometimes you get food, (which just gives you points) and other times you a guy in black (who would kill you because his movement speed was 900x yours and he could apparently fly).

There is no character appeal (since you play a mass of brown that in no way even remotly looks like E.T.

There is no new inovation in gaming applied here

There is no storyline

There is no ending. Even if you collect all of the boxes nothing happens. You just keep going.

If anyone can show me a game that 1) Almost ends the industry 2) has no plot 3) has no playable controls 4) has no ending 5) has enemies that are unbeatable 6) has no real character recognition 7) has no "fanboy" fanbase 8) was actually recalled and used as landfill.

If anyone can beat that list of "Achievements" then I will bow to their chosen game as the worse game of all time...

Until then. E.T. for the Atari is the worse game ever. QED.

I didn't go to your extensive detail but that is why I chose E.T!:D

But ALL your reasons are indeed valid and I don't think ANY other game could EVER top E.T's achievements:P

I didn't go to your extensive detail but that is why I chose E.T!:D

But ALL your reasons are indeed valid and I don't think ANY other game could EVER top E.T's achievements:P

Sadly I have had this conversation before at great length. There are a lot of bad games out there...but thankfully there is only 1 (Probably only one left in existance...barried in my grandparent's basement) ET for the Atari.