Most Disapointing Game...

ROCKSTAR6000

Being this a video game magazine website I'm sure you've all read the ads and reviews for a game before you got it and it was super hyped up and was sure to be the best game you ever played.

So my question is what game were you so excited to get and then you finally got it and it turned out to not be as fun as you thought it should be.

Mine was Silent Service, it is a decent game that I think i'd enjoy more nowadays, but back then games like Super Mario Brothers and Spy Hunter were my thing, so Silent Service seemed too slow of a game than I thought it would be.

Being this a video game magazine website I'm sure you've all read the ads and reviews for a game before you got it and it was super hyped up and was sure to be the best game you ever played.

So my question is what game were you so excited to get and then you finally got it and it turned out to not be as fun as you thought it should be.

Mine was Silent Service, it is a decent game that I think i'd enjoy more nowadays, but back then games like Super Mario Brothers and Spy Hunter were my thing, so Silent Service seemed too slow of a game than I thought it would be.

I actually liked Silent Service. One of the games I was most disappointed with was Heroes of the Lance. This game sucked. Both of these were played on a Commodore 64 and I can see how things might be different on other platforms.

Zelda Majora's Mask.

Ocarina was a perfect game in every sence. Majora's was boring as hell. Time limits (and timed-events) in gaming is always a really bad gimmick. Except if you're escaping from Zebes or something!

It's like the invention of the water level! 99.8% of the time, that level will suck! And Mojora's also had plenty of those!!!

And to think it could be even better than perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha was a game that I was looking forward to, more out of curiosity than anything else, to see if Street Fighter could work in 3D. Well it didn't work and neither did any of the other 3D Street Fighters.

Street Fighter should only ever be 2D.

Can't wait for Street Fighter 4.

I'm disappointed with the current generation of consoles and games. Part of it is price, since $50-60 for a game raises my expectations too high and I'm always disappointed. I dislike grinding, over-complicated controls, and games with a learning curve of more than 15 minutes -- that's pretty much why I'm into retro gaming ;)

Final Fantasy XII. That game is so pointless and boring. I've played ~90 hours. That was one of the most stupid things i've ever done in my life. :angry:

Why the hell did you spend 90 hours on a game you thought that was boring and pointless :lol: I've had that game for almost 2 years now and still haven't played it. I'm honestly scared to because of the time investment but I've enjoyed other FF games.

I'd say mine would have to be Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Graphics are great. Sound is great. Control is great. BUT ITS THE SAME DAMN GAME AS THE REST :angry: And what the hell is with that S class? After getting penalized twice because the other car rammed me off the road, I turned it off and haven't touched it since. Forza 2 FTW.

In recent memory I'd say I was most disappointed by the Guitar Hero expansions: Rocks the 80's & Aerosmith. I was also very disappointed with some first party titles from Nintendo during the Gamecube era such as Mario Kart: Double Dash and Super Mario Sunshine. I had very high expectations for those but they failed to replicate the magic of their predecessors (Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario 64).