Most Dissapointing Game System

cool3865

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3do - i liked Total Eclipse and Dragon's Lair. TE was the only game that kinda lived up to what I was expecting from the system.

jaguar - ugh.. i'll never get rid of mine, but graphically it was just so bad. Especially the framerates.

32x - i didn't even buy it.

saturn - because the psx did 3d better

sega cd - because Sewer Shark, that's why.

Game Boy Advance.. just because the screen was so dark, and those pathetic clip-on lights didn't help. After installing Afterburner though, I loved it.

Sorry, but Wii. Nintendo is selling to moms.

lets try to keep this flame free and only do systems up to the Dreamcast years, so no PS2, Xbox, PS3, Gamecube, Wii, or Xbox 360 and the up to Gameboy Advance for the lates portable systems.
lets try to keep this flame free and only do systems up to the Dreamcast years, so no PS2, Xbox, PS3, Gamecube, Wii, or Xbox 360 and the up to Gameboy Advance for the lates portable systems.
flame free. only do systems up to the Dreamcast years, so no PS2, Xbox, PS3, Gamecube, Wii, or Xbox 360 and the up to Gameboy Advance for the lates portable systems.
Wii. Nintendo is selling to moms.
flame free. no Wii
Wii. selling to moms.
no Wii
Wii.

al2.gif

Won't even touch that Saturn part. :huh:

Guess some people can't read. The most disappointing system I own/owned was the 32X. But overall, I think there were worse ones. The Philips CD-i, Amiga CD32, Virtual Boy...none of those did better than the 32X as far as I know.

For me it has to be the Mega cd, despite having snatchers on it I feel they didnt use this machine to its full potential

There was a good number for excellent games for the Sega CD; more so than for the 32X. That is a system that never had it's potential used, but was also a bad idea from start to finish.

oh yes there were a few good games but we both agree they didnt use the system to its full potential, it wasnt a bad idea though well i dont think.

The only system that I am really sorry that I ever bought was probably the Halcyon that I picked up from a computer repair store that was going out of business (they had an auction but hardly anyone showed up or was interested in non LCD's or computer towers). Didn't have any of the games for it nor any laser discs (although I did find 15 or so of them for $5 a piece at a local flea market- Star Trek 6 I think it was, was pretty nice on LD).

The Atari Jaguar was pretty lousy. I got one off of Ebay years ago, tried it once, and never really bothered with again. Still have it, though, and I don't think I'll ever get rid of it. After all, who could I pawn it off on?

The 3DO had potential, for the era it came out in, but I think it was both too early and too expensive to really go anywhere. According to Wikipedia, it was $699.95 when it came out, and this matches up with what I remember it being way back in the day. Even back then, I felt that was far too much money for an unproven gaming rig. If an eleven year old kid can figure that out, then their parents definitely can.

I can also imagine that most developers at the time were not equipped or prepared to take advantage of its high end abilitis, and investing time in money in doing so (especially when the Genesis and SNES were a bigger and easier market) would have been foolish and risky financial suicide for most. If the 3DO company had planned ahead and gotten some non-shovelware titles lined up, reduced the hardware price, and focused on making the best game system the could - well, it might have still failed, just not so spectacularly. I picked up a second model 3DO and two controllers at a thrift store for $15 a couple years back. Total serendipity. I will say that the Samurai Shodown port for it is pretty decent.

The Sega CD was a good idea that was implemented poorly. The 32X never should have been released. Probably caused the start of Sega's decline as a hardware maker.

Those are about it, off the top of my head.

The Atari Jaguar was pretty lousy. I got one off of Ebay years ago, tried it once, and never really bothered with again. Still have it, though, and I don't think I'll ever get rid of it. After all, who could I pawn it off on?

The only reason I finally got one last year was because I loved Tempest 2000 ever since it came out one PSone and I always wanted to play the original version with hundreds of thousands particle effects.

I wasn't disappointed. :)

So if you haven't played it yet and you love old school arcade style games, be sure to pick up a copy for cheap.

Not sure which cables came with yours as I only got a regular composite connections, which are pretty fuzzy for a game such as this.

Loss of most of the colours, the background particles all being white, etc.

So I bought an RGB cable as well (Europe), and it's so great.

I guess people in the US probably got an S-Video cable instead. Not sure about that.

the 3DO had a ton of promises and great games, Street Fighter II Turbo, NFS, Total Eclipse, and others. it's just that the system price was too expensive and by the time it went down (the price) the system was already failling in the market. i dont think the Saturn is that disappointing as it could do something the PSX could never do. make great 2d fighting games and play them arcade perfect. it could actually beat the PSX in terms of 3d but the system was so hard to make games for that developers still didnt get to the full poltental.

look at the specs between the Saturn and the PSX and you will see. PSX only won cause it was easy to develop for.

1. The Virtual boy because it sucks

2. N64, some very good games and the legend of zelda oot is the best game ever, but you cant compare games like Cruis'n USA for arcade and Cruis'n USA for N64, on n64 this game suck and killer I gold was better on arcade(KI2), i mean that nintendo said "N64's games will be better than those games for Ultra 64' arcade" but it was not. Playstation was the winner of that Generation cuz of it.

N64 was another failed project to me.

The joystick was bad (a first for Nintendo), the cartridge games were limited and the the blurry graphics still give me nightmares of not knowing what's going on right in front of me!

It was Nintendo, so it lasted. But it was an Awful, Awful piece of hardware.

Even with Zelda 64 and Mario 64 - two of the greatest ever!