Download Section Privileges Reinstated!

Phillyman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Retromags Curator
In my case ....the negativity around here is one part ... and burnout is another.

What with comics, N64 stuff & mags I am spread pretty thin these days. I dont have a sheet feed scanner, nor an A3 scanner so everything is a manual, labour intensive process to get it to the level I am happy with. No raws from this person. And I spend so much time on all of this I haven't really had the time to devote to getting my arcade machines built which is a tad annoying as I have a Donkey Kong Jr PCB sitting idle as a result. So the negativity made me re-evaluate things ....

I'll get the N64 stuff out of the way, then comics. After that ...you never know ....

I don't know what negativity you are referring to, as I haven't seen anything terribly negative. But alas, if you want to leave, that is your choice and no one will try to change your mind.

Best of luck!

I don't know what negativity you are referring to, as I haven't seen anything terribly negative. But alas, if you want to leave, that is your choice and no one will try to change your mind.

Best of luck!

Thanks .....

Don't forget I've made 80 odd N64 manuals available in pdf and I am converting them to CBR for inclusion in the downloads section so I'm not going anywhere until I've finished that. I'm just taking a break from scanning Amiga Formats, Computer Gamer mags etc for a while as I spend way too much time on this stuff at present. I have two arcade machines in pieces at present which I want to get back to finishing .... just a question of prioritising my spare time a little better for family, hobbies etc.

If I had a sheet feeding duplex scanner I'd just do what Phillyman does and box cut the mags and let the scanner do all the work. But I dont and as you are aware it makes everything a time consuming process.

Try some of these possible solutions:

1: When a user registers, have a script check for duplicate IP addresses before allowing the registration to go through. Have a script ban IP addresses when a certain number of attempts to register are made through that address.

2: Find lists of IP addresses for proxy servers and ban them all.

Correct, For some odd reason unknown to me.....the system will block you if you try to register a new account with the same email.....but not with the same IP. They are doing a huge update to the forum software that should be coming in the next few months....hopefully its fixed in that release

Can you look at account before someone can come on broads or download's

I know it's means checking every new account that is made but you can see if there same IP here

hope you know whatt I mean ... so tried but can't sleep. Lossing my mind in past 4 days.. no sleep

this hasn't to me in a very long time ... I think I was 12 when it happen ..

sry if I got of subjust

Can you look at account before someone can come on broads or download's

I know it's means checking every new account that is made but you can see if there same IP here

hope you know whatt I mean ... so tried but can't sleep. Lossing my mind in past 4 days.. no sleep

this hasn't to me in a very long time ... I think I was 12 when it happen ..

sry if I got of subjust

Yea we have an app that checks the new accounts as well as all the details from them. But for now it's set so that the duplicate accounts are banned manually.

I've been forgiving in banning members for now.

Say that someone has 4 different accounts, up till this point I've been banning only 3 of them.

But if I see the same person try to register more after that I will ban every single one of them without hesitation.

I don't see the point of people creating new accounts at the moment since they can't abuse the system any longer.

Perhaps they think that the can save those accounts for when the restriction is lifted again.

The one thing they don't take into account is that we will only lift the restriction once we have a means of filtering out the abusers completely.

• Retromags Curator

I have reinstated the download permissions for users in the "Members" group, If you are in the "Newbie" group you are still disabled.

Basically I increased the requirement to become a "Member", it used to be 15 posts......now its 25 posts. This change should not effect people who have previously been moved after reaching 15 posts.