Old News Report On Nintendo

ROCKSTAR6000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Only 80 games? Damn that's old. Lol. And the Howard guy, he hasn't been in the mag for years.

Hey it's true. When I used to take my games on the porch for some multiplayer, the kid count grew rapidly. Our record was 14 kids stuffed on half of the porch playing Super Bomberman 2 (SNES). There was hardly room to stand at that point. 3 rounds, winner stays, the other 3 trade off. Great times.

That would have been the job for me. Bug testing isn't actually 'playing' the game like you would as a counseler. Several times friends would ask me for hints too. Many things I figured out on my own but I gotta admit I had gathered quite the collection of guides, books, maps, and magazines for anything I didn't know.

Yeah I loved it. I wish they would so something like that on a regular basis again. Though when they did it with the Kirby comics or Pokemon Manga I thought it was rather crappy. I enjoyed the Nester and Zelda comics that was it.

I made sure to collect the issues with the Mario and Zelda comics, they were good. Thing was I never had a subscription to the mag as I was getting them free from friends. When they stopped I went years without seeing NP, so there is a huge gap in what I read. Pretty much from late SNES through the N64 and GC days, I didn't start on my own until I picked up a Wii.

LOL looks like you got out at the right time. The N64 days for NP power were horrid and pretty much since then. I still collect them anyway. Personally I think they are a bit better now then just a few years ago but it's nothing like it used to be back in the NES and SNES days. But then again maybe it's the internet that has ruined some of that experience as well.

• 3 weeks later...