What Game Would You Like To See Ported To Which System?

MBJ

Not all of us have the luxury of owning every system ever made. Although ports can be a controversial topic among purists, they can afford one the ability to play games from other systems.

So the question is: What game would you like to see ported to which system? Would you like to see some of the FPS games from Xbox 360 or PS3 on the Wii with IR control? Would you like to see some Xbox 360 or PS3 exclusives ported to the other system? More PS2 or Gamecube games ported to the Wii?

Personally, I'd like to see an HD version Geometry Wars: Galaxies on the PS3. I'd also like it if the amazing PacMan: Championship Edition could be brought from Xbox Live Arcade to Playstation Network or WiiWare. It would be nice if Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts weren't a 360 exclusive and could be brought to Wii or PS3 but that will never happen since MS owns Rare.

Finally, although this doesn't exactly count as a port, I'd like to see the complete soundtracks from Guitar Hero 1 & 2 made available as DLC for Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero: World Tour.

I personally would like to see more retro titles get the update treatment along the lines of what Working Designs did with the Lunar games, or Nintendo did with Mario All-Stars. Not just straight ports only, but also an update along with the port. I mean, come on, there are surely some new people at a company that need to cut their teeth on something, why not have them working on an update to a retro title. I understand that some companies are kind of ashamed of their portfolio, or at least part, of retro titles (Konami, I am looking at you and your stance about the first two Metal Gear games on NES).

I would have loved to see a Sonic game in 2.5D as it was called (like Clockwork Knight on Saturn), when they released the compilation for Saturn, and recently more advanced systems like Gamecube and others I am sure, but they just ported the games. Major missed opportunity to update a classic.

Another idea I would like to see done more is releasing games from the previous generation or so that weren't released domestically, I mean games like Policenauts (I have heard that Konami is sitting on a complete english script, although this could just be a rumor considering they have had ample time and surely demand from gamers to release it and haven't yet).

Or how about a complete Shenmue set on one Blu Ray disc? That would be cool.

I'm not really much of a fan of porting games to various systems.

Back in the day a certain game would be released on both the SNES and MegaDrive, but they would be totally different.

Sparkster, Castlevania, Contra, Ghouls N Ghosts, Turtles, etc.

I prefer that approach. But I do understand that with the current costs of developing a game that sometimes just isn't feasible.

The one thing I would love to see ported though is WipEout to the Wii.

That's the one game that has always made me buy Sony hardware, well besides the PS2, in which case it was Virtua Fighter 2 that sold me since WipEout Fusion is my least favorite in the franchise.

• 2 months later...

This wouldn't really be a port, I guess, but I think it would be really great to see a Pilot Wings update on the Wii. The Wii remote seems like it would be perfect for that game and I loved the SNES and N64 versions.

Also, I would love to see an updated version of Herzog Zwei (orginally for Genesis). That would be awesome. Ooh, and how about Rampart?! Did anyone ever play that game? That would be cool in 3D.

I got a PS3 and a Wii so I'm not really missing anything. I'd like to see more retro remakes than updated ports. So many great titles from the past I'd like to see sequels to. Less FPS's would be nice as for me that's a PC-only genre.

• 4 weeks later...