Which Nes Game Should Get A Re-make?

Crazylightsaber

Make it 2.5D with really good graphics and I agree then, I would love to see it remade. I loved that game back in the day when I first started playing NES. I owned the pack-in cartridge and that game for months and loved it.

Robo Warrior would be awesome to see remade, I still play that game (I modded my PSP just to be able to play this game on the go). I remember the big argument that SNES couldn't do multi sprite bosses like in Gunstar Heroes on Genesis, funny thing is, the NES did it years before either system with Robo Warrior (get to the snake boss and you will see what I mean).

I would also like to see remakes of Mega Man games, I think all they have been doing since Wiley Wars on Genesis is just porting. Remake them, throw them on a disc and enjoy the sales.

There are some others but I can't think of them right now.

Make it 2.5D with really good graphics and I agree then, I would love to see it remade. I loved that game back in the day when I first started playing NES. I owned the pack-in cartridge and that game for months and loved it.

Robo Warrior would be awesome to see remade, I still play that game (I modded my PSP just to be able to play this game on the go). I remember the big argument that SNES couldn't do multi sprite bosses like in Gunstar Heroes on Genesis, funny thing is, the NES did it years before either system with Robo Warrior (get to the snake boss and you will see what I mean).

I would also like to see remakes of Mega Man games, I think all they have been doing since Wiley Wars on Genesis is just porting. Remake them, throw them on a disc and enjoy the sales.

There are some others but I can't think of them right now.

I agree. I don't believe that it could be correctly done in full 3-D. 2.5 is a must. Mega Man is also a very good choice. I never had the pleasure to play Wiley Wars, but I have seen screenshots, and it looked quite good. Come to think of it, was Wiley Wars ever released in the U.S.? I think I remember reading somewhere that is was only a European release.

I want to see a Castlevania II: Simon's Quest remake on the DS. This classic gem is hardly ever talked about these days.

I can't think about Castlevania 2 without remembering the Angry Video Game Nerd's first video: Castlevania 2. CLASSIC.

NES games I'd like to see re-made include Rad Racer, A Boy and His Blob, Silent Service, Kid Icarus, and all of the original zapper games (Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley, Wild Gunman, etc.).

I agree. I don't believe that it could be correctly done in full 3-D. 2.5 is a must. Mega Man is also a very good choice. I never had the pleasure to play Wiley Wars, but I have seen screenshots, and it looked quite good. Come to think of it, was Wiley Wars ever released in the U.S.? I think I remember reading somewhere that is was only a European release.

Wiley Wars was released in the US but only on the Sega Channel. There wasn't an actual cartridge release, sad really as it would have sold well I am sure.

Wiley Wars was released in the US but only on the Sega Channel. There wasn't an actual cartridge release, sad really as it would have sold well I am sure.

Okay I didn't know that little bit about Wiley Wars being on the Sega Channel. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

And as for an actual cartridge release? Yes I would have bought that. Perhaps a Virtual Console release is coming in the future.

I can't think about Castlevania 2 without remembering the Angry Video Game Nerd's first video: Castlevania 2. CLASSIC.

NES games I'd like to see re-made include Rad Racer, A Boy and His Blob, Silent Service, Kid Icarus, and all of the original zapper games (Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley, Wild Gunman, etc.).

Would you believe me if I tell you that I have never even seen that video until now? There's 9 minutes and 25 second of my life that I will never get back. What a piece of goat sh*t. Oh not the game. His review.

I however like the game more that the other 2 on the NES. I suppose that I am in the minority on that one. Oh well.

Duck Hunt is begging for a either a remake or re-release on the Wii. That would be pretty cool for obvious reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see Star Wars get a DS re-make.

Star Wars on the Nes was a lot of fun with the scrolling platform levels and the couple of 3d levels too.

The music really rocked for a Nes game too from what I can remember.

With improved graphic's and use of the two screen's I'm sure this game would work well on the DS.

Honestly I think the game that would be sweet if remade would have to be Zelda: II for obvious reasons. I mean I really love this game but it could easily be a multiplayer RPG of some some sorts.

I would also love to see Ducktales with some High Res graphics. That would be frigid awesome!

I would definately have to agree with a Castlevania II remake. Yes I have seen the Nerds review, and agree with some keypoints, but thats what makes the game as hard as it was. With some 2.5 graphics, instant night/day, and better game mechanics would make this a great success on the DS.

Posibally I could attempt to remake it with some C++, sounds like fun lol.

I also think a Castlevania 2 remake would be nice, though I'd rather see the first two Gameboy Castlevanias get revamped (HA!). A graphical remake of CV3 would be cool, but it would probably end up disappointing due to the sheer awesomeness of the original.

Also, I'd like to see a remake of Zelda 1 + 2, maybe combined into one long quest to obtain the three pieces of the triforce. I think it would be interesting seeing what a top-down Zelda 2 would be like.

A remake of Sweet Home would also be welcome, even if all it had was a few graphical and gameplay improvements. Likewise, a remake of Uninvited could be creepy as hell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Besides a lot of great games already mentioned I could name a bunch more. Kirby, RC Pro AM, Guardian Legend, Startropics, Lolo... Nin has a TON of great games from the past to choose from.

Man, A nice Startropic remake would be pretty awesome. Especially if it didn't require you to spill water on your manual to get a required code....

a real Kirby remake woudl be awesome too (not that silly air-ride stuff).

But, Smash Brothers with like 90 characters would also be awesome.