Zelda Link To The Past!

Phillyman

My favourite Zelda game and one of my favourite games ever.

Just pure perfection in every single way. I think I'm gonna start it again this Christmas.

Perhaps gonna pick up a mint Japanese SFC copy and go that way so I won't have to deal with the Pal borders and 17% speed loss.

• Retromags Curator
My favourite Zelda game and one of my favourite games ever.

Just pure perfection in every single way. I think I'm gonna start it again this Christmas.

Perhaps gonna pick up a mint Japanese SFC copy and go that way so I won't have to deal with the Pal borders and 17% speed loss.

I am doing it on the GBA, I think I played through some of this before, I think to talk to the Elder you need 3 pendants, I think I got 2 of them, maybe the third. Cant remember.....Minish Cap and LTTP kind of blur together for me, since its been a few years since I played them. Its not that I got to a point that I could not pass, its just that I stopped playing for whatever reason. But I will beat it :)

I am doing it on the GBA, I think I played through some of this before, I think to talk to the Elder you need 3 pendants, I think I got 2 of them, maybe the third. Cant remember.....Minish Cap and LTTP kind of blur together for me, since its been a few years since I played them. Its not that I got to a point that I could not pass, its just that I stopped playing for whatever reason. But I will beat it :)

I actually need to continue playing Phantom Hourglass as I got distracted again.

And I need to restart Minish Cap as well since the same happened and I have no Idea where I stopped.

How this game was rated by EGM? The Snes version, obviously!

It's a masterpiece, best Zelda game, along with Ocarina Of Time (witch was more-or-less like this, in 3D)

After that, the games became more complex, and less funny... but still great games! (majora's mask not counting, that game sucked!)

I played this game when it first appeared in the early 90's and haven't played it since but I've just recently downloaded it on to my Wii.

This game was so good. The two over-worlds, the dungeons with their devious puzzles, the beautiful graphics and the amazing music made this game one of my all time favourites. I'm definitely going to make some time in the near future to play it again. Of course then I'll have to get around to Ocarina of Time which I've also downloaded to my Wii. So many Zelda's, so little time.

I liked LTTP, but I would not rate it as my favorite Zelda game. It was good. I beat it back in the mid 90's, but it just didn't captivate me like the original did. I still breeze through the first quest on the original game every now and then. Here's my rankings:

Legend of Zelda (NES)

Link's Awakening (GB-GBC)

LTTP (SNES)

Ocarina of Time (N64) - still haven't beaten this one

Minish Cap (GBA) - not beaten yet

I have other Zelda's but haven't played them at all or not gotten very far. They include:

Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Majora's Mask (still sealed - never opened for the N64 and I bought it the day it came out)

Twilight Princess (I've used the game quite a bit, but haven't played it much)

Wind Waker

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Definitely my fave in the series, followed closely by the original. LTTP just had more to do and find. I remember the Xmas I got my SNES, I beat the game in like 2 days. It's one of those games I go back to replay every so often too. You just don't find games this good these days, ya know?

TP was excellent, beat that last year. Working on Phantom Hourglass now. I own them all (NES to GB to DS to Wii) but think the only 2 I haven't beaten are Ocarina Master Quest and Majora's Mask (which I dunno how I could have missed but recall nothing from the game).

I entered Ganons tower today, Probably going to go get the remaining two bottles and try to figure out what 4 heart pieces I am missing (at 19 hearts now)

If you need to know where the bottles are I can tell you Philly. I am sure they are the two 'hard' ones to find. I just don't want to spoil it for you. There are soo many great things about that game. It is rather epic in its time and still a great game today.

I finished all expect:

Zelda Twilight Princess ---- Almost finish

Zelda Wind Waker ---- Almost finish

Zelda Mask of Majora --- Not yet

No cheats in the games at all. Being cheat is not fun, you know.

I am huge fan of Zelda series. :D

Edited by RockmanForte

• Retromags Curator

Roughly about an hour ago I beat Ganon.....what a way to start off 2009....beating a Zelda title finally. I have not even been close to beating a Zelda game in the past 20 years. I beat the GBA version of the game....told me at the end that I used 28 lives. I ended with all the items and 19 1/4 hearts. Very good game.....now onto beating Twilight Princess.....which I will have to start over from the beginning......since I forget the story line. If your wondering why it took me like 4 months to beat LTTP.....I only played it for about 10-15 minutes a day....any longer and my legs would have fallen asleep :)

Roughly about an hour ago I beat Ganon.....what a way to start off 2009....beating a Zelda title finally. I have not even been close to beating a Zelda game in the past 20 years. I beat the GBA version of the game....told me at the end that I used 28 lives. I ended with all the items and 19 1/4 hearts. Very good game.....now onto beating Twilight Princess.....which I will have to start over from the beginning......since I forget the story line. If your wondering why it took me like 4 months to beat LTTP.....I only played it for about 10-15 minutes a day....any longer and my legs would have fallen asleep :)

That really is pretty descent. 28 lives isn't much considering some of the levels will automaticly kill you if you didn't bring enough magic / magic potions.

I guess the real question was whether or not you used any guides to get all of the items / figure out how things worked. I remember my biggest problem when the game originally came out was the stupid turtle on turtle rock. It took me forever to realize that only the ice wand would work on the fire head and only the fire rod would work on the ice head. Then it was a problem managing my magic as I use to only carry faeries in my bottles (to keep from dieing).

I think I liked Twilight princess. It is hard to say really though as there are a few things that are just stupid. Anyway, good luck with the next one. It will probably take longer :P

• Retromags Curator
That really is pretty descent. 28 lives isn't much considering some of the levels will automaticly kill you if you didn't bring enough magic / magic potions.

I guess the real question was whether or not you used any guides to get all of the items / figure out how things worked. I remember my biggest problem when the game originally came out was the stupid turtle on turtle rock. It took me forever to realize that only the ice wand would work on the fire head and only the fire rod would work on the ice head. Then it was a problem managing my magic as I use to only carry faeries in my bottles (to keep from dieing).

I think I liked Twilight princess. It is hard to say really though as there are a few things that are just stupid. Anyway, good luck with the next one. It will probably take longer :P

Yea I used Youtube video walkthru's :P

LttP was my favorite as well. That and the gameboy classic! I have Twilight Princess, but I had to format my Wii, and I lost my save. I just beat the Volcano place, and I don't want to have to do that all over again so I just quit playing it, haha.

LTTP is great.everytime i play the game its as good as when it came out!

Links awakening on GB/GBC is also one of the best zelda games that i know.

Phantom hourglass was great too.

Ocarina of time is game that i never really understood same goes with majoras mask...maybe i should hook my N64 to my tv...hmm..