How Catalog Your Vg Collection?

mowlan

There are plenty of cataloging software available that allow you to download information based on the title or add your own (say picture or personal review).

One of them is Data Crow, I have personally used this and still do, just haven't updated much of it. Great program, pretty much if it has a bar code you could catalog it with this. Even manual editing of a new item is allowed so if there is no info found on the search you can still add your stuff.

http://www.freewarefiles.com/Data-Crow_program_20918.html

• Retromags Curator

I use MS Access. Each system gets a different table. I mark down the title of the game, the year it came out, If it has a case or not, if it has a manual or not, the overall condition of the game, the condition of the box, manual and disc (where applicable) on a scale of 1 to 10, and any notes about damage, if it's a variant, or if it's still sealed. Works perfectly for me :)

• 2 months later...
I use MS Access. Each system gets a different table. I mark down the title of the game, the year it came out, If it has a case or not, if it has a manual or not, the overall condition of the game, the condition of the box, manual and disc (where applicable) on a scale of 1 to 10, and any notes about damage, if it's a variant, or if it's still sealed. Works perfectly for me :)

I think that Access or the OpenOffice equivalent would be the most thorough solution. Thanks for this thread, btw. I never even thought about cataloging my game collection. I really need to do the same thing with my books!

I'd like to catalog them in a text file to keep track of everything better but I don't use Excel or any spreadsheets on this PC. I might look into the site Philly uses, however as was said if anything happens you lose all the work. Basically I just took pics of each set and made a small site as a catalog. Gotta finish revising it before posting it up. I really don't need a ton of info like version, release date, age/price, or all that jazz. Just wanna know what I have and show it to anyone interested, and for that purpose pics are best.