Hardest Video Games Ever?

Guest s1500

The Warriors for PS2. I set the game to easy, and was having troubles finishing a single mission. At one point, there were FIVE cops beating me up. Too bad since it was a game I really wanted to get into. It was one of the best movie-based games ever made, sticking to the movie and going beyond.

Burnout: Takedown had me tossing the controller on the preview race with the F1 racecar. Kept crashing over & over. Sold that game.

• 4 weeks later...

Castlevania on the NES, the bosses were just insane, especially Death.

Had a hard time beating it via emulator and saving after every time I hit him.

Devil May Cry (PS2) is REALLY REALLY annoying me, as the last meeting with Nightmare keeps getting the better of me due to shitty camera angles and cheap shots, have come so close many times, but had to give up for fear of breaking the joypad.

Super Probotector/Contra III on the SNES was a real pain, and again, that was defeated with an emulator. Managed to complete it though, which is more than I can say for my next choice.

As someone already mentioned, Super Ghouls and Ghosts is insane. Again, via n emulator I barely get passed the first level before giving up.

• Retromags Curator

I can't believe I hadn't thought of this earlier, but Siren for the PS2 is a super ultra mega-mega beeyotch of a game. There is one correct way to play Siren, and those who deviate from that path are doomed to be torn to bits by Shibito. Not the end I'd wish for, and easily the single most difficult survival horror title I've ever played.

*huggles*

Areala

I think it was Ghost 'n' Goblins for the NES; with a real console, I even didn't get pass thru the second level, and with an emulator, using game intensifiers codes I beat it, but I get something like:

:blink::blink: THIS ROM IS AN ILLUSION :unsure: :unsure:

And the game start again from the origin point :angry:

Edited by MacGruber

• Retromags Curator
I think it was Ghost 'n' Goblins for the NES; with a real console, I even get pass thru the second level, and with an emulator, using game intesifiers codes I beat it, but I get something like:

:blink::blink: THIS ROM IS AN ILLUSION :unsure: :unsure:

And the game start again from the origin point :angry:

Yeah, Ghosts 'n' Goblins (and every other game in the series) require you to beat it TWICE, from the start, in order to get the REAL ending. :)

And naturally, this has to be done in one sitting, because there are no passwords or save states...torture, I tell you.

*huggles*

Areala

• 1 month later...