Afraid From Egoism In The Videogame Culture

Dj PSX

Hi Rob, I'm Luca, an italian boy. Sorry 4

for my bad english in advice.

I have looke for Retromags for some reason, like see how was the Video games world of 15+ years ago, a fascinating world, make of passion and old people that want play the best VG in the history, and make him a ulture.

My congrats for the great idea of making a site that resume the old mags, ever good to read. What i'm thinking could not make you pleasure. You have maked a Retromag site for what? In the world are thousand of people that want read old mags, Italian, swedish etc, but that people don't have a scanner, don't have an old mag. With your political, you prevent that people from make him a culture on the videogame history. Your intention is make thge maximum number of mags on this site, but for what? Only for little elected? This is a egoism . Ok, there are some lamers that take, and don't give, but maby because he can't give. Not for badness.

If you are a comprensive man you'll change the rule, for the knowledge of videogame culture.

Hello and welcome to the site.

I don't see the point really. It it would have been so that only people who contribute would be able to download magazines, then I would see where you're coming from.

But we put up all the magazines on rapidshare as well so that every single visitor will be able to download whatever they want.

It is true that at this moment not every last magazine is on rapidshare, but this is something that we are working on as we speak.

We only have a certain amount of bandwidth every month, so we can't always directly upload the latest magazines the moment they are put up on the site itself.

Ok, if is this the situation, than, we are all right. In effect not every mags have a link to rapidshare. But is a good thing that the majority of the file have a direct linkto RS. Anyway i suggest to put the files as on sendspace.com et simila. Ypu don't think?

Anyway grath work for all the contributer, scan 200+ pages of any mags is a hard work. Congrats! ;)

No problem. ;)

The reason why they are being put up on Rapidshare is because we have a premium account there, so the magazines don't get deleted after a couple of months.

We would put them up on other download services as well, but then we would have to pay for a premium membership on there as well. And also upload every single mag multiple times which would be quite a bit of work seeing as how many gigabytes are already online.

Oh.. ok, you are right. The story of 2 month in the server, and later deleted, was not in my mind. Sorry.

I, and all community of old gamers appreciate very well the job that you, and all the scannerizers (?) are doing. :D

I have only a request, if possible, if not, make nothing, don't worry:

I'm a new fan of Killer instinct (by me, the best beat me up of history), and i've found that mag: http://www.retromags.com/forums/Nintendo-P...de-file984.html

But there is no a link to Rapid share. Can you upload it when you have just a moment of time? I will eternally in debt for you.

woha! You are greath! Very nice and speed job, my new friend!

Ah, i've had a idea: do you want a music background for the retromags site? I'm a composer of Trance music (a derivate of dance music). If you want, in some day i a can create a tune in videogame stile (logically not trance stile, something of relaxing...) i can't scan any mags, but this can be my contribute for your site...

wath do you think?

PS: my last track Nanomachine - Minerva constellation is in the top 20 chart of sales in http://www.djtunes.com/music/genre/trance/monthcharts/2 at 13 place (at 10 place for 1 month). I don't know what style of music do you hear, but i'm feel good if you let me some comment ;) The preview of the track is on www.myspace.com/nanomachinetrance

Edited by Dj PSX

• 3 months later...

By the way, besides direct http download through this site and rapidshare,

there is also a torrent floating around. Altough there are (currently) no

seeders, there is some leechers there and they have (at least) everything

I need (old EGMs).

Perhaps you might find what you've been looking for there. I did. It was

this site :)

Thanks again!!!!!

By the way, besides direct http download through this site and rapidshare,

there is also a torrent floating around. Altough there are (currently) no

seeders, there is some leechers there and they have (at least) everything

I need (old EGMs).

Perhaps you might find what you've been looking for there. I did. It was

this site :)

Thanks again!!!!!

Taking scans from a torrent that you didn't scan yourself is a no no here. We want only scans from people that did them themselves.