Nintendo Power Issues?

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

Throwing this out there to see how much interest we have. I just went back through the Nintendo Power set and discovered the following.....

Issues

90, 92, 111, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 123, 124, 125, 127, 129 , 130, 137, 140, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147

These are all missing from the Download Section but could all be released, if we just had the posters for these issues, I believe I scanned most of them....but unfortunately I suck at photoshop and cant stitch them together.

Issues

121, 122, 126, 128, 136, 138, 139

These issues are missing the posters and the front cover, and could again be easily released with a tiny bit of work

Then all I would need to do is find the following issues and scan for a complete set....

148, 151, 152-161, 164-167, 169-174

Anyone interested in joining some posters? :unsure:

If it helps, I only care about the poster side being joined.....not the map side

I know for sure that I can scan and upload issues 123 and 124 complete.

I have issues 121 and 122 if you still need the covers and posters from them. I can try stitching the posters myself unless someone else would like to do it. I will

I have some more issues, just have to find them (according to my list I have issues 117 through 124 complete- just not sure where they are in the milkcrates).

Nintendo Power #121 cover and poster (joined vertically) is on the server under the name: nintendopower121coverandposter.zip

The poster in parts is available here if anyone wants to give it a shot at joining (I completely understand about the quality of mine as is the first one I joined).

http://rapidshare.com/files/170724084/nint...rparts.zip.html

• Retromags Curator
Where are the issues that need the cover and poster? I looked around and couldn't find them on the site, is there somewhere else they are kept? I may be blind so please forgive me if they are in plain site here.

No your not blind :)

When I initially uploaded the Nintendo Powers, I did not upload the ones that were missing covers and/or posters. See my post above for the Nintendo Power magazines that we have scanned, and could be released if we just had the covers/posters.

I have an ever watchful eye on Ebay right now for any of the missing issues

No your not blind :)

When I initially uploaded the Nintendo Powers, I did not upload the ones that were missing covers and/or posters. See my post above for the Nintendo Power magazines that we have scanned, and could be released if we just had the covers/posters.

I have an ever watchful eye on Ebay right now for any of the missing issues

I uploaded the cover and joined poster for issue 121 (it is up there in an earlier post). I have several issues that are complete and can scan those needed parts for you. Do I just upload them to the server for you to get or is there somewhere else that you want them uploaded to?

Also, about the covers in the Nintendo Power section that are in that one big zip, are you wanting anyone to piece them together and upload them to the joined section? If so, individually or in one big zip file?

Sorry for so many questions, just want to help out as much as possible as I really enjoy the memories that I have been able to relive because of the other members hard work here.

Yay and I finally have a day off after weeks of overtime so I should be able to get the chance to check out for the other ones you need. Where do you want these extra files uploaded to? I do know that many of my NP issues are missing posters but I'll see what I can do for ya tomorrow.

I can cover whatever is needed for issues #117 through #122 complete. I have issues #123 and #124 somewhere around here but I can't find them right now so I am not going to vouch for those yet. I will add these to my que (got one more for invaliduserid and about 10 more for treshombres plus the gamefans so this can give me a little more variety in scanning :Yahooo: ).

Just to let you know incase you come in here while I'm working on this. I should have the left overs 126-139. I just got done joining 126 and I'm working on the others now.

[edit]

Ok I've got them scanned and only 2 more posters to combine. But if any you you can check issues 128 and 136. Do not have posters. I went through the issues very closely just to make sure and did not see any place where posters used to be. And by this time I was at the point where I would not take the posters out of my magazines anyway. Issue 128 had an extended cover so I did join that but 136 just was totally boring no poster just a Pokemon comic insert.

I'll post when I get the other posters joined so that you can grab them Philiman.

But... issue 139 has a huge sticker on it that I could not get off that says "This is your last issue" so again we may want a different scan of that one.

Ok I'm back home now and I got those files taken care of Philiman and I sent you a PM. So just for sake of the rest of you.

Issues 126, 128, 136, 138, 139

Are done and issues 128 and 136 from what I can tell never came with posters. If they did it was something Nintendo sent separate in a polly bag or something. And issue 139 still needs a cover.

I have a BUNCH of Nintendo Power issues which I've finished up in the last couple weeks. However, when I asked for help in how to upload them to the site, my request was ignored, so they've just been keeping me company now.....

I wouldn't say it's been ignored may have just not seen it. I know I've not seen that post. If you PM Philliman he can hook you up. He is the poster of this topic. I believe that meppi could help you as well.

• Retromags Curator
I wouldn't say it's been ignored may have just not seen it. I know I've not seen that post. If you PM Philliman he can hook you up. He is the poster of this topic. I believe that meppi could help you as well.

True I did not see his post, but thats why I posted up in the Super Moderator area the typed out instructions to send to anyone that wants to help. So that its a simple copy and paste to whoever sees that a member wants to lend a hand :P

PM Sent Fusoya B)

True I did not see his post, but thats why I posted up in the Super Moderator area the typed out instructions to send to anyone that wants to help. So that its a simple copy and paste to whoever sees that a member wants to lend a hand :P

PM Sent Fusoya B)

Thanks, I'll do some uploading when I get home from work.

I'll also doublecheck about those posters and maps.

Is anyone else interested in getting the entire NP collection finished? NP was always by far my favorite of the video game magazines, and is great for reading back issues, both for the detailed reviews (which often include maps and full walkthroughs) and for the pop culture/cheeziness of the features and articles. For the most part I have every issue from 1 to 200 in some state, but I may be missing some posters, etc myself, and as a policy I don't upload issues anywhere until they are 100% edited and in a final state. I know for a fact that issue 6 (with TMNT on the cover) and some other older issues still need a better scan......they're readable, but have the margins cut out on some pages.

I too have just about all the NP issues I'm only missing a few that I'm still trying to get. If you do scan something but are missing cover or whatever just let me know and I'll check if I have it or not and I'd be happy to get it for you. I just don't want to scan my NP magazines unless they are in not so great condition because I don't want to break the binding on them or anything. I'm anal like that when it comes to NP :P

• 1 month later...
I too have just about all the NP issues I'm only missing a few that I'm still trying to get. If you do scan something but are missing cover or whatever just let me know and I'll check if I have it or not and I'd be happy to get it for you. I just don't want to scan my NP magazines unless they are in not so great condition because I don't want to break the binding on them or anything. I'm anal like that when it comes to NP :P

God I miss this era of gaming goodness.