Kmfdmanic's Reward Program For Up And Coming Scanners!

KMFDManic

Ok, here is the deal...nice and simple...Firstoff, I have almost singlehandedly scanned volumes 1-100 of Nintendo Power...with big help from DestryR420, Richegreen, and of course...Phillyman...

I tentatively plan to scan all volumes from 1-200 as a whole! Where you come in is quite simple...I need to fill in some gaps in my scans...Those who do their share and genuinely help me out with what I need, will be guaranteed the incentive of volumes 1-100 sent to them on dvd via mail, or uploaded...whichever suits the purpose...

The gaps are as follow...146-176 Yep, those are the ONLY issues I need still scanned within the 1-200 range...

Now this is serious business, the conditions I have for scanning are:

1.no less than 1280 width for resolution

2.posters not a necessity, unless you feel you can do a good and thorough job with them

3.page don't have to be perfectly straight, just do the best you can...without having to rescan the pages several times...In fact, a majority of Nintendo Powers are offset anyways...so, pages are automatically crooked!

This is a once of a lifetime deal, as each particular Nintendo Power issue can take anywhere from 2-3+hours to fully scan, edit, and package...so, volumes 1-100 alone are an average of 200-300+hours of hard labor from the 4 of us listed high above...Any dummy can buy Nintendo Powers for pennies on the dollars off of ebay...It is pure laziness to think otherwise...I, myself, obtained 3 complete sets of Nintendo Power for less than a couple hundred bucks...That is a total of over 600 issues, and I paid less than 200...So, don't make any excuses for not being able to do your share...Also, point in note...I will not, under any circumstance, send any of MY issues to anyone...I went through the hassle of obtaining them...So, they are staying right here in my hands...

You can contact me via email at KMFDManic@comcast.net or on aim under the name KMFDManic

Remember, volumes 146-176 are the ONLY gaps left to worry about...So, if you HAVE these issues already...and have a scanner, and just a wee bit of free time..contact me immediately...and, you will be one step closer to obtaining your reward of volumes 1-100...If you go above and beyond the call of duty, you will be given even more than the 1-100, which will remain to be determined...

Without any help to finish this project, I will most likely hold off on releasing anymore of my issues...I've invested a couple hundred hours of my personal time into this already, so I expect one or few of you to at least put in a small percentage of time, least you can do!

Thanks for reading, lets get this thing going...

PS, I have also already completely scanned Mad Magazines volumes 1-460...do your share, and you will get the privilege of having some or all of these as well...

PSS, Pay attention to this topic, as I will amend it accordingly, constantly...

I hear the MAME rom dumping team works the same way.

Wait, no they don't, because they share freely.

The point of this topic was to see if anyone was willing to help out in filling the remaining gaps.

There is no correlation between scanning magazines and dumping roms.

And, realize, noseface...the utter contradiction you have placed on your own words with the comment about the MAME rom dumping "team"...team being the keyword in mind. How far do you think MAME would have gotten if noone ever offered to help out! It is called team work. So, unless you can get off your lazy butt and scan an issue or few...I can say, simply, nothing in life is free:)

I don't have a scanner, but I can convert more issues to PDF if any one wants. I've only done Issues 1 - 9 so far, because they're the only ones i've been able to get.

There is a condition I would like to put on any of my work though: I do believe in free sharing, so anything I work on will be made publicly available.

My contributions so far can be found here:

http://www.Transexual-Underground.com/details.php?id=2493

http://www.Transexual-Underground.com/details.php?id=2444

Also, check out the wiki page i've started for NP:

http://www.Transexual-Underground.com/wiki.../Nintendo_Power (thanks to fusoya for getting me started on that one!)

Feel free to make your own edits/contributions.

Guest noseface
There is no correlation between scanning magazines and dumping roms.

I can't stop you from pretending to be unable to understand the point.

How far do you think MAME would have gotten if noone ever offered to help out!

Some people help out. Many more don't. They still got where they are today.

• Retromags Curator
What about those of us who have made financial contributons to the site? Will we be given access to any of this content? :huh:

Absolutly :D

Noseface i am not sure what you want from this site ......you donated money for the aquirement of magazines to be scanned .....that is whats going on ......once they are edited they will be released

• Retromags Curator

Noseface Im gonna try to show you where we are comming from

The money you donated went to magazines ....not to my dinner or videogame purchases ........So please dont act like i am profiting off anything here

I can scan roughly about 3 magazines a day ......if i really needed to .....but as it stands i dont have anyone to do the edits on the releases.... Mr.Slayer and 420 have both indicated to me that they are busy and cannot do them

So if your offering to do the edits ....I have 5 magazines ready to be edited .....Step up and help out or quit bitching :P

And Referencing Mame ......Thats a team of how many people ......Last i counted we barely have 5 good people that contribute time....So yes the releases are gonna be slim each week