Club Nintendo

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

Taken from Slickdeals.net.....

Club Nintendo has finally come to the US! You can get free stuff for registering specific Wii/DS games or taking surveys. Basically you register items and you get points for doing so. Then you get free stuff with the points. Go to club.nintendo.com and register. Don't forget the period between club and nintendo!

Some people are having trouble with the site. This is brand new from Nintendo and sure to have a couple speed bumps along the way. Just try again later, I guess...

Here is the basic point chart:

Wii Fit - 80 coins, Wii Games - 50 coins, DS Games - 30 coins, Virtual Console Game, WiiWare Game, Wii Channel - 10 coins, etc

Current free stuff costs between 300 and 800 points and ranges from a wiimote holder, to playing cards, to a simple DS game.

All games published by Nintendo released December 2008 and after can be registered (edit: game has to be published by Nintendo, sorry). Only some games released before December 2008 can be registered. A list is below. To register a retail game, you have to have the registration pin that comes on a piece of paper with the game. To register a virtual console game, you have to link your wii and club nintendo up (instructions at the website).

You can only register used games if the used game come with the registration code and if the code hasn't been used before.

This is not in the freebee section because it's not completely free. You have to register games you own.

Games released prior to December 2008

Many games released prior to December 2008 can be registered; however, of those games, only select Wii, Wii Shop Channel games, Wii Channels, and Nintendo DS games will qualify for surveys. See the list of games that can be registered and qualify for surveys below:

Games released before December 2008 that came with a registration code (all games released in/after Dec 2008 that are published by Nintendo are eligible):

Wii Games

Animal Crossing: City Folk

Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree

Endless Ocean

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Link's Crossbow Training

Mario Kart Wii

Mario Party 8

Mario Strikers Charged

Mario Super Sluggers

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Paper Mario

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Wario Land: Shake It!

WarioWare: Smooth Moves

Wii Fit

Wii Music

Wii Play

Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels

Note: you have to link your club nintendo account to your wii account for wii shop games and channels to get you points. Then it only counts for games/channels you buy after you link accounts. If you bought wii shop games before you linked accounts, you have to do this to get them to count:

"Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels downloaded prior to creating the Club Nintendo link will not be displayed. Please email us by clicking here to have your previously-downloaded Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels added to your Club Nintendo account. You will need to provide us with all pertinent information (name, email address, serial number, game titles, etc.). Not providing all of the pertinent information will increase the time it takes to find a solution and receive a reply. You can also call us at 1-800-255-3700. Representatives are available from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., Pacific Time, 7 days a week.

Please note that this Wii Shop Channel/Club Nintendo link is not created when you register your serial number using Club Nintendo's Product Registration program. This link is created through the Wii Console (Wii Shop Channel). Click here for more information on how to link your Wii Shop Channel to your Club Nintendo account."

Alien Crush Returns

Art Style: Cubello

Art Style: Rotohex

Big Kahuna Party

Boingz

Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure

Brain Challenge

Bruiser and Scratch

Digital Champ Battle Boxing

Earthworm Jim

Enduro Racer

Forgotten Worlds

Gradius II Gofer No Yabou

Hockey Allstar Shootout

Home Sweet Home

Mega Man 3

Metal Slug 2

Pit Crew Panic!

Secret of Mana

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Space Harrier

Space Invaders Get Even

Space Invaders: The Original Game

Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition

Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands

Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3

Strong Bad Episode 5: 8-bit is Enough

Sudoku Challenge!

Target Toss Pro: Bags

Tetris Party

The Incredible Maze

World of Goo

Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam

Nintendo DS Games

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Big Brain Academy

Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day

Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day

Clubhouse Games

Crosswords DS

Diddy Kong Racing

Electroplankton

Elite Beat Agents

Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day

Hotel Dusk: Room 215

Kirby Super Star Ultra

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Mario Kart DS

Mario Party DS

Master of Illusion

Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir

New Super Mario Bros.

Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends

Nintendogs: Dalmatian and Friends

Nintendogs: Labrador Retriever and Friends

Nintendogs: Miniature Dachshund and Friends

Personal Trainer: Cooking

Planet Puzzle League

Pokemon Diamond

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness

Pokemon Pearl

Pokemon Ranger

Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Super Mario 64 DS

Tetris DS

Yoshi's Island DS

• Retromags Curator
Grrr... having trouble converting my account from My Nintendo to Club Nintendo. I'll have to try it at home it might just be these computers at work.

Same, I know I registered on their site. Because I registered my DS, Wii and a few games to get a three month subscription to Nintendo Power

Same, I know I registered on their site. Because I registered my DS, Wii and a few games to get a three month subscription to Nintendo Power

The site is totally screwed right now. Ever since yesterday it has been pitching a fit. It has told me my registration token is bad like 8 out of 10 times...the other 2 times it lets me in only to boot me if I click on anything. I don't think Nintendo was prepared for the tsunami of sign ups.

• Retromags Curator

I managed to get coins for two games last night, even though I tried with 5. I have 2 years before the first survey can't be done anymore, so there really isn't a rush for me. Instead of using all that crap-butt Web 2.0 stuff on their site, they should have kept it simple.

Yeah I never got around to trying it on my lappy last night but I guess I would have still run into the problem :D

I kept getting an error saying if I have not logged into My Nintendo account in the past 2 years that it wouldn't work. But I've been using that several times a month with as many damn Nintendo games that I buy both in store and over the VC.

• 2 months later...

sign up a month a ago. club nintendo with new account name and register 2 games I got last year . old codes and already use codes don't work from games. of I have account old with alot games from 4 or years ago which for old bonus offers from Nintendo like the like free zelda offer and other ones. the new club Nintendo is great . do have many coins yet.