Nwc Grey 1990 Nes World Championship Cart

Guest 420

• 2 weeks later...
Guessing you weren't around for "The Wizard" and SMB3 then huh? :P

Oh I saw The Wizard in the theater and went nuts when SMB3 was shown. I also currently have a bootleg copy of it on DVD since it was never officially released. I was just wondering what was on that championship cart. 1990 was before SMB3 right?

Oh I saw The Wizard in the theater and went nuts when SMB3 was shown. I also currently have a bootleg copy of it on DVD since it was never officially released. I was just wondering what was on that championship cart. 1990 was before SMB3 right?

mario 3 isn't on the cartridge, as far as I know...

its super mario bros, rad racer, and tetris...honestly, the game isn't worth the price at all. And, I think nintendo power actually had a power poll contest for someone to win one of the carts, if I remember correctly.

mario 3 isn't on the cartridge, as far as I know...

its super mario bros, rad racer, and tetris...honestly, the game isn't worth the price at all. And, I think nintendo power actually had a power poll contest for someone to win one of the carts, if I remember correctly.

Yes it is the three games mentioned....you have a limited time (3 min I think) First you collect 50 coins in SMB, then finish 1 race in Rad Racer,then if you still have time you play out your remaining time in Tetris. At the end it adds up your score.

This cart was used in the 1990 Nes World Championship Competition. :D

You can play the rom on an emu :P

Oh, and yes there was a Power Poll contest but I think that cart was gold if I'm not mistaken.

Yes it is the three games mentioned....you have a limited time (3 min I think) First you collect 50 coins in SMB, then finish 1 race in Rad Racer,then if you still have time you play out your remaining time in Tetris. At the end it adds up your score.

This cart was used in the 1990 Nes World Championship Competition. :D

You can play the rom on an emu :P

Oh, and yes there was a Power Poll contest but I think that cart was gold if I'm not mistaken.

actually, you can't play the rom in an emulator...its a nonworking one...due to unsupported mapper.

Sorry, Didn't mean to imply SMB3 was on it. Maybe I'm wrong, but the movie (which had SMB3 in it) was like a prelude to the championship. I always remembered people always referencing the movie and the championship in the same sentence.

ive tried it with nestopia, jnes, fceu, and virtuanes, none seemed to load it...maybe you are using another emu like nesticle, one I normally don't use...

I'm using NNNesterJ

I'm using NNNesterJ

thanks for the info, I am surprised that such an outdated emulator can play games the current ones still can't...to your knowledge, are there any other less popular emulators for any system that have similar qualities...in playing games that current ones can't?

thanks for the info, I am surprised that such an outdated emulator can play games the current ones still can't...to your knowledge, are there any other less popular emulators for any system that have similar qualities...in playing games that current ones can't?

Hell, I didn't know this one did....I just haven't updated my emu's in forever :rolleyes:

I guess as long as it is working I don't bother to update it :)