Wipeout Pulse On Ps2?

Not quite current generation but it's coming out in the near future, so it still is.

Well, hopefully this isn't a mistake...

I've been asking for this to happen ever since the first WipEout was released on the PSP. Hell, it's the reason why I bought the thing.

But playing WipEout on a portable just isn't the same and since I don't have a PS3 and no intent on buying one so far, I'd love to get this for my PS2.

This news originally came out as a rumor, but the PlayStation 2 port of Wipeout Pulse is almost palpable. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has yet to announce it, but the USK (Germany’s ESRB equivalent) knows a thing or two about it. Recently, they rated it confirming that a Wipeout Pulse port is in development and perhaps on deck for a release soon.

Wipeout Pulse was originally released as a PSP game with online play as one of the main highlights. Downloadable expansion packs for Wipeout Pulse were also sold over the PlayStation Store. Since the PlayStation 2 version hasn’t been given a formal unveiling we don’t know if either of these features will carry over on the PS2.

siliconera

Yeah should be out soon apparently. Another 6months? Teh thing is PS2 conversions of PSP games usualy aint much kop (Ratchet and Syphon Filter)

But i hold out hope

I sincerely hope that the PS2 port will be every bit as good as the original.

Haven't played any of the other ports though, so I don't know about those.

Is Studio Liverpool working on the game themselves? Please say yes. That way I don't think we would have anything to fear.

I sincerely hope that the PS2 port will be every bit as good as the original.

Haven't played any of the other ports though, so I don't know about those.

Is Studio Liverpool working on the game themselves? Please say yes. That way I don't think we would have anything to fear.

Studio Liverpool=Psygnosis (or at least company formerly known as Psygnosis)?

Yes, that's correct. They were called Psygnosis before Sony bought them up.

That's why Lemmings is now a Sony exclusive for instance.

For years I thought that when Sony bought them out that they were just assimilated and the old company was broke up (of course I am sure members come and go over the years), not just renamed. Cool.

By the way, love Wipeout. It is just so cool.

No they pass off conversion duties to an outside dev house.

Although Wipeout pulse is a Studio Liverpool game, its wont be converted by them

Well, may as well be dead I guess. Oh, not really, I mean, just because it is the same company doesn't mean it is going to be the same team huh? I am sure the guy that programmed Super Mario Brothers (or was on the team) was probably not the a member of the team that did Super Mario World.

Here's to hoping it is a good conversion.

No they pass off conversion duties to an outside dev house.

Although Wipeout pulse is a Studio Liverpool game, its wont be converted by them

Oh man, that really depresses me. :(

WipEout is one of my favourite gaming series out there, I'd hate to see someone else do a shoddy job on it...