What Magazines Have You Got?

E-Day

I just realized I have a nice little set of gaming mags named Game-On! USA. Does anyone else have these or has heard of them? I used to love this magazine! Each issue has two comic series running in it each month,for a while it had a Samurai Showdown and Cammy comic, there were a couple of others, as well. The topics covered in the magazine itself are imports, incoming from Japan and games based on anime.

I'll have to find them and check the dates, I may up them, as they're very cool magazines IMO. If anyone else has any, get at me! I'm missing a few issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, I started going through some boxes in my basement and found a ton of old Disney Adventures, Nick Magazines, Wizard Magazine, comic books & Sports Illustrated for Kids. They're all from about 1993/1994 to about 1998/1999. My question is does the site need video game advertisements from those magazines? I noticed the advertisements section of the forum & figured it couldn't hurt to ask. I figured I'd ask before going through them all trying to find video game ads. :P

Sorry about cross posting between this topic & the one I just created. Didn't realize that this topic was for this type of question.

Hello I am new to this site. I have over 100 early to mid-80's gaming magazines up in my closet. Most in decent shape. I have early issues from Electronic Games, Joystick, Video Games, Videogaming Illustrated, and others. I don't see myself taking the time to scan these and would consider giving them away if someone else will scan them and I can download them. BTW are downloads still available on this site (rapidshare links dead?) or is there a better place if I contribute?

Hello I am new to this site. I have over 100 early to mid-80's gaming magazines up in my closet. Most in decent shape. I have early issues from Electronic Games, Joystick, Video Games, Videogaming Illustrated, and others. I don't see myself taking the time to scan these and would consider giving them away if someone else will scan them and I can download them. BTW are downloads still available on this site (rapidshare links dead?) or is there a better place if I contribute?

I for one would love to see these added to the site. This site needs more pre-crash era magazine coverage. I am about 4 issues short of the whole Videogaming Illustrated collection. Heck, I would be interested in scanning them if you do not have the time. Send me a PM if you are interested in mailin' em over.

• Retromags Curator

I'd also be willing to scan your magazines for you. PM me also if you'd like.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm in Australia, moving soon and have quite a few mags that I can't take with me.

Ive got about 150 Hyper Magazines, about 70 Australian NMS, about 100 Edge Magazines and another 50-100 misc magazines.

Hopefully someone over here can take them off my hands to scan.

Hi,

I'm in Australia, moving soon and have quite a few mags that I can't take with me.

Ive got about 150 Hyper Magazines, about 70 Australian NMS, about 100 Edge Magazines and another 50-100 misc magazines.

Hopefully someone over here can take them off my hands to scan.

Gee ... I wonder what the postage cost would be to ship them across the ditch to New Zealand via surface mail?

For the max parcel size - which is 20kg - it is about $175 AU. There would be at least 50kg worth...

Oh Man ....... $175.00AU to ship surface mail? If that isn't an airmail price then what's the world coming to?

It would be cheaper to fly over with empty bags and pay for extra luggage at the airport. There's something wrong with that picture. Sigh!!!!

Geez ...is anyone else on Retromags living in Oz that could take them? Be a real shame to lose them.

I have:

JOYSTICK

1-1 (9/82) thru 1-6 (7/83)

2-1 (9/83) thru 2-3 (12/83)

How To Win At Arcade Video Games (10/83)

VIDEO GAMES

1-1 (8/82) thru 1-12 (9/83)

2-1 (10/83) thru 2-7 (4/84)

2-9 (Summer/Fall 84)

COMPUTER GAMES

2-3 (Dec/Jan 84)

2-4 (Feb 84)

3-4 (Nov/Dec 84)

3-5 (Jan/Feb 85)

K POWER

1-3 (4/84) thru 1-8 (11-12/84)

VIDEOGAMING ILLUSTRATED

1 (8/82) thru 11 (11/83)

VIDEO GAMES PLAYER

Fall 82

2-1 (Aug/Sept 83)

2-2 (Oct/Nov 83)

CREATIVE COMPUTING VIDEO & ARCADE GAMES

1-1 (Spring 83)

1-2 (Fall 83)

ELECTRONIC GAMES

1-3 (5/82) thru 1-17 (7/83)

2-6 (8/83) thru 2-17 (12/84)

3-1 (1/85) thru 3-4 (4/85)

** obviously they screwed up on issue numbers during Volume 2 with start at Issue 6, 5/84 issue listed as 2/84 (2-12) and two Issue 13's! but I have ALL of them

83 Buyers Guide

83 Software Encyclopedia

84 Software Encyclopedia

COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT

5/85 thru 8/85

ELECTRONIC FUN WITH COMPUTERS & GAMES

1-1 (11/82) thru 1-12 (10/83)

2-1 (11/83) thru 2-5 (3/84)

COMPUTER FUN

1-1 (4/84)

1-2 (5/84)

PLAYBOY GUIDE TO ELECTRONIC ENTERTAINMENT

Spring/Summer 82

Fall/Winter 82

VIDIOT

1-1 (Sept/Oct 82)

1-2 (Feb/Mar 83)

CRACKED COLLECTORS EDITION: WE HAVE FUN WITH VIDEO GAMES

Dec 83

COLECOVISION EXPERIENCE

first 3 issues

Quite a few from the early days, eh?

Edited by updj1

• 1 month later...

ah what

i scanned my covers of my magazines to put in

my album i was going to make. but i cant make

a album have i wasted an hour :(

Just PM Phillyman with the issue and he'll sort it out for you. Sometimes the board software can be a little odd ... he just needs to know and he sorts it out pretty quickly.

Looking forward to seeing those covers soon I am I am I am ..... biggrin.gif

Just PM Phillyman with the issue and he'll sort it out for you. Sometimes the board software can be a little odd ... he just needs to know and he sorts it out pretty quickly.

done ;)

and hopfully be uploaded tomorrow

i need sleep its 2.30am im partyed out.

RM

• Retromags Curator

Almost everything is opened up at 25 posts

Create Blogs

Create Albums

Use Signatures

Use The Tracker

Add Files To The Download Section

Ability to Change Display Name

More PM Storage

More Reputation Points Available

etc..

Almost everything is opened up at 25 posts

Create Blogs

Create Albums

Use Signatures

Use The Tracker

Add Files To The Download Section

Ability to Change Display Name

More PM Storage

More Reputation Points Available

etc..

yes thanks for your help. my album is now live with magazine cover

scans and abit of my life. more mag scans coming soon. :)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks yay my pc works

had major probs with pc. still got no sound device or sound but got the net working.

ten had browser probs now thts sorted i can see this site.

ive uploaded some photos. also i just got more gamefans, sega visions, and videogame entertainement.

i got megaplay's, and game players on way to.

i will get some scans up of my new mags. got to reinstall my cannon mp460 first.

thanks

RM

• 2 weeks later...

I have some gamepro's and EGM's to donate, possibly some nintendo powers as well. Heres a list of everything i've found so far, let me know what issues you want and where to send them. I will add more when i find them.

Gamepro's

(Feb 99) - issue 125

(August 99) - issue 131

(June 98) - issue 117

(Dec 97) - issue 111

(Dec 98) - issue 123

(June 99) - issue 129

(June 97) - issue 105

(Nov 97) - issue 110

(Sept 98) - issue 120

(Apr 97) - issue 103

(Oct 98) - issue 121

(Dec 96) - issue 99

(May 96) - issue 92

(Aug 96) - issue 95

(July 96) - issue 94

(June 96) - issue 93

(Feb 96) - issue 89

(Jan 96) - issue 88

(May 98) - issue 116

(Feb 97) - issue 101

(Aug 97) - issue 107

(Aug 98) - issue 119

(May 97) - issue 104

(Mar 97) - issue 102

(Nov 96) - issue 98

(Oct 96) - issue 96

(Jan 98) - issue 112

(Mar 99) - issue 126

(Sept 96) - issue 96

EGM

(Oct 96) - issue 87

(Sept 98) - issue 110

(Jan 96) - issue 96

(Aug 94) - issue 61

Does anyone want the magazines i posted above to scan, i perfer not to throw them away.

Someone help this guy out! We don't generally get much offers of donations. I would say yes and help out, but I have a backlog of my own to deal with, and I would rather work on what I have to offer first. ^_^