What Magazines Have You Got?

E-Day

I'd talk to E-Day if I were you as he is a scanner extraordinnaire and will ensure they get scanned and put up here for everyone to enjoy. You'll get the credit for providing the magazine as well ....

Yeah, by all means. I don't want to take anything away that a scanner will want, my offer is just to give whatever's unclaimed a good home if you're throwing them out anyway.

Yeah, by all means. I don't want to take anything away that a scanner will want, my offer is just to give whatever's unclaimed a good home if you're throwing them out anyway.

It wasn't a dig at you .... just trying to encourage him to send the stuff we don't have to someone who can scan it for the cause. And E-Day offered and is a scanner demon. And doesn't live down near Antarctica like me. That's all .... biggrin.gif

After looking at the downloads area i didn't see these issues scanned:

Gamepro's

(Feb 99) - issue 125

(August 99) - issue 131

(June 98) - issue 117

(Dec 97) - issue 111

(Dec 98) - issue 123

(June 99) - issue 129

(June 97) - issue 105

(Nov 97) - issue 110

(Sept 98) - issue 120

(Apr 97) - issue 103

EGM

(Oct 96) - issue 87

(Sept 98) - issue 110

(Jan 96) - issue 96

I will send these issues to E-Day to be scanned in. As long as its not insanely expensive to send up i will add more than i have listed above in the box also. PM or email me your mailing address E-Day, i will have them sent out sometime next week.

I got all the issues together i'm gonna send you E-Day. I also added some Nintendo Powers that were missing in the project tracker. Below is a list of everything thats being sent:

Gamepro's

(Feb 99) - issue 125

(August 99) - issue 131

(June 98) - issue 117

(Dec 97) - issue 111

(Dec 98) - issue 123

(June 99) - issue 129

(June 97) - issue 105

(Nov 97) - issue 110

(Sept 98) - issue 120

(Apr 97) - issue 103

EGM

(Oct 96) - issue 87

(Sept 98) - issue 110

(Jan 96) - issue 96

Nintendo Power

Aug 98 - issue 111

Oct 98 - issue 113

Mar 99 - issue 118

Apr 99 - issue 119

June 99 - issue 121

July 99 - issue 122

Aug 99 - issue 123

Oct 99 - issue 125

Dec 99 - issue 127

I should have them sent either monday or tuesday.

Just sent out the mags, let me know when you get them.

If you want the magazines that i didn't send to E-Day your more than welcome to have them. These are the issues that i have left:

Gamepro

(Oct 98) - issue 121

(Dec 96) - issue 99

(May 96) - issue 92

(Aug 96) - issue 95

(July 96) - issue 94

(June 96) - issue 93

(Feb 96) - issue 89

(Jan 96) - issue 88

(May 98) - issue 116

(Feb 97) - issue 101

(Aug 97) - issue 107

(Aug 98) - issue 119

(May 97) - issue 104

(Mar 97) - issue 102

(Nov 96) - issue 98

(Oct 96) - issue 96

(Jan 98) - issue 112

(Mar 99) - issue 126

(Sept 96) - issue 96

The only thing i ask is if you can help with some of the shipping cost.

• Like 1

Just sent out the mags, let me know when you get them.

If you want the magazines that i didn't send to E-Day your more than welcome to have them. These are the issues that i have left:

Gamepro

(Oct 98) - issue 121

(Dec 96) - issue 99

(May 96) - issue 92

(Aug 96) - issue 95

(July 96) - issue 94

(June 96) - issue 93

(Feb 96) - issue 89

(Jan 96) - issue 88

(May 98) - issue 116

(Feb 97) - issue 101

(Aug 97) - issue 107

(Aug 98) - issue 119

(May 97) - issue 104

(Mar 97) - issue 102

(Nov 96) - issue 98

(Oct 96) - issue 96

(Jan 98) - issue 112

(Mar 99) - issue 126

(Sept 96) - issue 96

The only thing i ask is if you can help with some of the shipping cost.

Of course, I'd handle all shipping! You might be able to cram them all in a medium flat rate priority mail box. Should I PM you my address and you tell me what I owe you?

Of course, I'd handle all shipping! You might be able to cram them all in a medium flat rate priority mail box. Should I PM you my address and you tell me what I owe you?

Man I love those USPS priority shipping boxes. Great for mags, and arcade PCB's. And nice and solid too. Don't have anything like them over in New Zealand. Next time I visit I must pick up and bundle of them and post them back home.

• 3 months later...

Hi all, I'm new here and I gotta thank you all for sharing this pot of gold with the ciber-world!

I have almost all the issues of the Club Nintendo mexican/latin american version magazine that I could share with you. The first edition came out back on December/1991 on a monthly basis. Most of the magazines are in good shape and I can start adding them once or twice a month starting this weekend. Is there a guide or a list of minimum required standards?

Link to the covers.

Link to the homepage.

Cheers.

• Retromags Curator

There is a list of standards, but I don't know where they are on the site. they were on the wiki, but the wiki is down. I can give you a run down though.

Scan at 300 dpi, and have the final images saved as a JPG, either 1440 pixels wide or 1600 pixels wide. I tend to make anything that is under 200 pages 1600 pixels wide.

I have guides written up and ready to go. I am still learning how to make actual pages for the site and where everything is and should be.

Hi all, I'm new here and I gotta thank you all for sharing this pot of gold with the ciber-world!

I have almost all the issues of the Club Nintendo mexican/latin american version magazine that I could share with you. The first edition came out back on December/1991 on a monthly basis. Most of the magazines are in good shape and I can start adding them once or twice a month starting this weekend. Is there a guide or a list of minimum required standards?

Link to the covers.

Link to the homepage.

Cheers.

Definitely looking forward to these, are you going to do them in order? I'm most interested in the earlier ones.

Definitely looking forward to these, are you going to do them in order? I'm most interested in the earlier ones.

I could follow an order if you wish. I have scanned versions from other friends of the 13 issues from the first year but I would like to re-scan some of them from my own collection to improve the quality of the PDF's. From year 1 (1992) I'm missing #3 (Feb), #2 (Jan) & #4 (Mar) are on their way home and, finally, #9 (Mega Man 4, Aug/92) does't have the cover.

I'm going to make 300 dpi scans with 1300x1900 pixels as final image size, is that O. K.?

I could follow an order if you wish. I have scanned versions from other friends of the 13 issues from the first year but I would like to re-scan some of them from my own collection to improve the quality of the PDF's. From year 1 (1992) I'm missing #3 (Feb), #2 (Jan) & #4 (Mar) are on their way home and, finally, #9 (Mega Man 4, Aug/92) does't have the cover.

I'm going to make 300 dpi scans with 1300x1900 pixels as final image size, is that O. K.?

Great, looking forward to these. The more info out there from the NES era the better, as that stuff is more likely to get lost since the internet wasn't around yet.

Great, looking forward to these. The more info out there from the NES era the better, as that stuff is more likely to get lost since the internet wasn't around yet.

Don't expect too much. The magazine was created by some lucky amateurs. Until issue #4 or #5 they got specialized equipment from Nintendo Power or Nintendo of America (can't remember) to properly take NES, SNES and GB pictures, before that it was all too crafty! You'll see how lame the first issues were.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have the following that I'll gladly mail to anyone who wants them. They've probably been scanned in already but figured I'd offer them up before throwing them away. PM me if you want them, all I ask is $5 or so for shipping.

Gamepro

November 1989

December 1989 (no cover)

May 1990

June 1990

August 1990

September 1990

January 1991

February 1991

March 1991

April 1991

August 1991