Hyper?

David JS

The majority of my issues are post-2000, though it was always around growing up. The way they were printed and such I can't imagine them lasting that long, but I'm sure there's enough people who have them buried under something, somewhere. It was an odd looking magazine at times.

sosthsonic33ws4.jpg

(nicked from http://sost.emulationzone.org )

I suppose I could go through my various Next Media playstation mags, a lot of late 90s, depending on what state they're in, just to fill out the Australian input. There's a few issues of PC Format too, c. 1994.

Welcome to the site, I am kind of at a loss on your post though. Are you talking about issues you have available that your planning on donating somehow (you scan or ship to someone that will for you)? Either way, welcome. The more members we have from other countries willing to help out with releases from their countries the better.

Oh, I'm just seeing if there's anyone who actually has copies of Hyper magazine that can be contributed to the site (by however which way). All of mine are either slightly too recent, or falling apart. Hyper's basically a publishing fixture here, and I was surprised that there weren't any uploaded already.

As for my second statement: I can scan and upload these other mags I have around, it'll just take me a while.

No one donating mags from your country is probably because we don't have anyone from there yet. Don't let that stop you from being the first, though.

When you get the list of issues you are able to donate please post it in this forum below (we are trying to gather up what is available so that we don't buy redundant issues on e-bay).

http://www.retromags.com/forums/index.php?...ic=3411&hl=

Here is a guide to help out with the editing and such tasks if you want to read it. The main thing to keep in mind is that the scans need to be at least 300 DPI (anything lower just doesn't look good) and the width at least 1440.

http://www.retromags.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2727

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, someone will be willing to offer help.

The majority of my issues are post-2000, though it was always around growing up. The way they were printed and such I can't imagine them lasting that long, but I'm sure there's enough people who have them buried under something, somewhere. It was an odd looking magazine at times.

I suppose I could go through my various Next Media playstation mags, a lot of late 90s, depending on what state they're in, just to fill out the Australian input. There's a few issues of PC Format too, c. 1994.

I've got a lot of Hypers, from the very early editions right through to the current issues - probably over 100 in total. It's always been my intention to scan them, but as usual finding the time is my problem. They are part of my personal collection so I'm not really keen to send them away. If I can I'll do a few issues.

It's a uniquely Aussie magazine with a style of its own. I was always curious whether there would be any interest from our overseas friends in some of our mags.

I've also got a lot of other late 80s-early 90s mags like MegaZone, the short lived Personal Computer Games (mid 80s) and lots more. One day I'll get them scanned...

• 10 years later...

On 2/15/2009 at 8:26 PM, flugle said:

I've also got a lot of other late 80s-early 90s mags like MegaZone, the short lived Personal Computer Games (mid 80s) and lots more. One day I'll get them scanned...

Woooah @flugle we could really use your help with the MegaZone mag preservation work. We're missing 14 issues from the late 80s early 90s era so if thats what you have then boy do we need to talk haha.

I just posted a thread about this (waiting for admin approval) here:

Wow!!

Posting a reply on an ELEVEN year old thread. That must be some sort of record!!

Seriously, I did a double take when I saw flugle's post about Hyper/Megazone when you consider between the two of us we have already added almost every issue of Hyper to my website along with 30 issues of Megazone. Then I saw the date. Hahaha!! 🤣

• 1 year later...
On 1/4/2020 at 10:13 AM, KiwiArcader said:

Wow!!

Posting a reply on an ELEVEN year old thread. That must be some sort of record!!

Seriously, I did a double take when I saw flugle's post about Hyper/Megazone when you consider between the two of us we have already added almost every issue of Hyper to my website along with 30 issues of Megazone. Then I saw the date. Hahaha!! 🤣

Opps sorry somehow I missed your reply mate haha. Yeah I don't normally necro threads but sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures. Yeah Hyper is all good! I just saw Flugles post about having late 80s early 90s Megazones and nearly fell out of my chair due to me still missing early issues for that period. In the end I spoke with Flugle over PM who confirmed that you guys at oldgamemags don't have any of those super early MegaZone issues either sadly. However I have had some breakthroughs of my own if you guys wish to take copies and add to your site. I managed to bag scanned copies of the super rare issue 1 that started it all when it was called MegaCom (they added the P on the end from issue 2 onwards) along with Issue 4 (which was the final one called MegaComp before changing to MegaZone) and MegaZone Issue 9! More details here:

And if you haven't see the earlier posts in the thread then in the previous post before that one above I also scored a copy of Issue 2 (although the scan is pretty bad) which was the first Issue they added the P on the end to call it MegaComp.

So now it's just Issue 3 (MegaComp), Issue 5 (the first called MegaZone), 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15 still needed to completely preserve the entire MegaZone collection on the internet library archive! :)

https://archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A"MegaZone+Magazine"&sort=titleSorter