Reason #452 Why I Love Ubuntu!

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator
Yeah that is one good thing about Ubuntu but... I got so sick of Ubuntu because of lack of software that I wanted to run.

Well I use VirtualBox, which allows me to run XP within a Virtual Machine......So I get around it that way.

My goal is to have a Dual Boot System....and have XP running within Ubuntu

Vista x64
|
|
Ubuntu
	  |
	  XP

Well I use VirtualBox, which allows me to run XP within a Virtual Machine......So I get around it that way.

My goal is to have a Dual Boot System....and have XP running within Ubuntu

Vista x64
|
|
Ubuntu
	  |
	  XP

Actually that's what I had. Ubuntu has to be the first on the partition for it to work then I had XP on the 2nd partition. I always found myself canceling out of the Ubuntu boot up to load windows. I tried for like a year to full change over to Linux but I just got so damn tired of it that like I said right away into XP. So I merged my HDD back together and kept only XP. Man and if I think about all the time I put into getting my wireless card working on Ubuntu... that drove me crazy.

Actually that's what I had. Ubuntu has to be the first on the partition for it to work then I had XP on the 2nd partition. I always found myself canceling out of the Ubuntu boot up to load windows. I tried for like a year to full change over to Linux but I just got so damn tired of it that like I said right away into XP. So I merged my HDD back together and kept only XP. Man and if I think about all the time I put into getting my wireless card working on Ubuntu... that drove me crazy.

That is why I like Suse (or OpenSuse now). It finds all of my hardware out of the box, no having to fight with drivers and settings. Like on my lonely Imac, OpenSuse 11 was the only Linux that I could get to boot and install on it (Ubuntu and others gave me hell to even get an installation prompt going to only blank the screen within the first 20 minutes of starting).

My brother is a die hard Ubuntu enthusiast and he hates that OpenSuse finds everything on his laptop while with Ubuntu, he has to fight with it (he is using Ubuntu 64 Bit if that helps anyone here understand better).