Awesome Not Well Known Nes Games?

Gnash

By the way, does Nestle have a blue packaged chocolate candy called Milkybar

where you guys live? I'm asking because when I was younger, during the NES

era, that candy was called LOLO.

I saw that once at an asian maket.. I think in 1997. I had a chuckle at it.

I remember a friend and I were looking far and wide, running his mom around for hours trying to find Chip N Dale for NES! We were fans of the show and the game looked so fun and we couldn't find it anywhere! Then one weekend he brought it back from a faraway Blockbuster and we almost beat it that weekend... Then at some point I coaxed my parents into buying it. What a great game, good memories as well..

Ducktales and Darkwing Duck are two other great Capcom Disney games. Even if they're somewhat of Megaman clones. Capcom always did have some great original spins off of their classic ideas. Just look at the many SFII's... X.X

I saw that once at an asian maket.. I think in 1997. I had a chuckle at it.

I remember a friend and I were looking far and wide, running his mom around for hours trying to find Chip N Dale for NES! We were fans of the show and the game looked so fun and we couldn't find it anywhere! Then one weekend he brought it back from a faraway Blockbuster and we almost beat it that weekend... Then at some point I coaxed my parents into buying it. What a great game, good memories as well..

Ducktales and Darkwing Duck are two other great Capcom Disney games. Even if they're somewhat of Megaman clones. Capcom always did have some great original spins off of their classic ideas. Just look at the many SFII's... X.X

You can't complain when a game is a mega man clone really. I mean mega man games are good so any game that imitates that is good in my book haha. But seriously Duck Tales wasn't really that much like Megaman. But Darkwing Duck was.

Anyways back to good oldies.

Did anyone ever play Mighty Final Fight? It was much better than the arcade or snes one for me. It came out really late in the Nes life but it was fun.

• 4 weeks later...
Little Nemo: The Dream Master was really cool game too. Being able to change into animals or use them for rides was awesome.

Little Nemo the Dream Master had a HUGE following. It still has quite a cult following even now. I don't know if it qualifys as Not well known because of that :P

If you missed Little Nemo you were totally out of it at that time :P

Any game where you can feed candy to a frog and then take it over HAS to be awesome.

• Retromags Curator
And (this is me, not Mr. Kent) if you consider the graphic and storage capability, those

developers were probably magicians :)

Back in the day, they had to be. This was all new, uncharted territory. Anybody who wants to get an idea of what it was like to make video games in the 70s and 80s needs to grab a copy of the new book "Racing the Beam". It's a very in-depth look at the hardware for the Atari 2600, as well as profiles of six games that were famous (or infamous) on that system and what it took to create them.

You can grab it from Amazon here if you're interested, or at least read the reviews. I was floored at what those poor designers had to go through just to put an image on the TV screen. :)

I always liked Adventure of Lolo for some puzzle action and quirkiness! And many people hate it but I love it, Milon's Secret Castle has always been an off-beat favorite of mine.

The Nekketsu games were GREAT GREAT games! I love the one mentioned and I also like Crash and the Boys Street Challenge for some multiplayer fun!

Yes, I loved Milon's Secret Castle!

I've played Darkwing Duck once for like, 2 minutes, but I've rented Ducktales

a couple of times back in the day and I really can't see what it has to do with

Megaman. The only resemblance I can think of is that both were platformers.

And (this is me, not Mr. Kent) if you consider the graphic and storage capability, those

developers were probably magicians

Back in the day, they had to be. This was all new, uncharted territory. Anybody who wants to get an idea of what it was like to make video games in the 70s and 80s needs to grab a copy of the new book "Racing the Beam". It's a very in-depth look at the hardware for the Atari 2600, as well as profiles of six games that were famous (or infamous) on that system and what it took to create them.

You can grab it from Amazon here if you're interested, or at least read the reviews. I was floored at what those poor designers had to go through just to put an image on the TV screen.

Looks very interesting. I'll have a look. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kid Niki... i played that one til my fingers bled.

Also, not sure how popular it was at the time, but Rygar... i see they made a re-make of it. There was no way to save your progress, so you had to play all the way straight through... 12 hours... then come Monday we were like, where'd the weekend go?

City Connection is another one that I cannot stop playing even to this day. Balloon Fight was a super fun one, I still play that one.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming from Australia it's hard to know what was known or unknown in the rest of the world, but I loved:

Faxanadu

Death Race

Sword Master

Mighty Final Fight (I know this has already been listed, but it was GREAT so deserves a second mention)

More recently I've developed a hankering to play Sweet Home, Yume Penguin Monogatori, Joy Mecha Fight and Crystalis.