Excitebots Has 6-player Wi-fi, Pie Throwing (now With Trailer!)

Still no screenshots, but I figure they can't be far off now that the boxart has been revealed.

exciteBotBox.jpg

As our listerners are probably well aware, I'm a huge fan of the Wii racing game Excite Truck. It was a gem of a launch title for the Wii although is was overlooked by many, which is a shame. It's hands-down the best racing game on the Wii, even better than Mario Kart in my opinion. Well last week Nintendo announced a brand new racing title that will be hitting the Wii in April. A follow up to Excite Truck. Although little has been revealed so far about it. So what is it exactly? Nintendo's brief retail description might shed some light on this:

"Get your friends together and grab your Wii Wheel accessories for action-packed raucous racing. ExciteBots: Trick Racing takes the big-air thrills and simple controls of Excite Truck and ramps up the fun with a non-stop barrage of funky challenges and mini-games performed at blinding speed. You won't believe your eyes when you find yourself shooting goals, throwing pies and even playing poker in the middle of racing robotic animals and insects around off-road tracks. "

So by the sound of things it looks like with the help of Monster Game's they are creating a racing / party game hybrid. This sounds interesting especially if it does control like Excite Truck. I hope the racing element isn't overshadowed or ruined by the party game element although I have pretty good faith that Monster Games will unleash another great racing game. I'm also looking forward to the new Wi-Fi multiplayer for up to 6 racers (or robots I guess).

link

All I can say is:

Yes, yes, good, very good, I want MOAR!

(yes I'm aware I spelled that wrong)

Anyway I am a huge fan of Excite Truck ... I have a feeling they will not allow you to use MP3s this time around since they changed the way they do that now. Anyway I'm completly waiting anxiously for this game and I hope it will be just as fun if not better than Excite Truck.

Yeah, me too. Love the original. Still play it every couple of weeks.

Had me a bit worried there at first, but looking at the boxart I'm getting a bit of a Diddy Kong Racing vibe from it. Couple that with the Excite of the title and we might have an incredible game on our hands.

I believe that they shouldn't have changed the game too much from the first, but looking at how it never turned into a huge seller and always remained a bit of an underground title, this is probable the only way we would get a sequel.

So I'm all for it. Hope that it's just as good if not better and that this time around it finds the success it deserves.

Yeah, me too. Love the original. Still play it every couple of weeks.

Had me a bit worried there at first, but looking at the boxart I'm getting a bit of a Diddy Kong Racing vibe from it. Couple that with the Excite of the title and we might have an incredible game on our hands.

I believe that they shouldn't have changed the game too much from the first, but looking at how it never turned into a huge seller and always remained a bit of an underground title, this is probable the only way we would get a sequel.

So I'm all for it. Hope that it's just as good if not better and that this time around it finds the success it deserves.

That is a purchase

I think we need to set up a 1st Annual Excitebots Retromags Tourney. I am sure Philly would be willing to throw in a year of Premium (or even a special forum title) for the winner. We should definently do more online tourneys and such :P

Hehe, this reminds me of back in the NES days when we would buy games simply be looking at the box art. :D

Count me in on the pie throwing, Excitebotting Wifi online multiplayer mayhem!

Completely agree that we should get to play together a bit more.

Still haven't seen anyone online in Mario Kart Wii. If anyone's interested, my code is 2750-1228-5948.

I'm mostly playing mon,wed,thu,fri between 1PM and 4PM CET. Not every day though, but when I do it's always at those times.

As we all know, we don't condone scans from recent magazines, but in this case it's a bit different.

Nintendopower.com has put this one up as a sneak peak at this months issue so I guess it's all-right to post the image here as well.

courtesy of Nintendo Power, so go out and buy the magazine! ;)

NP240_Excitebots.jpg

Though it never became a huge hit every where I go that sells the game still have it marked at $50 wich is right up there on par with Mario games. I've never seen it in the bargin bin. EVAR!

(yeah again on perpous)... sorry had to :P