Sony's Fees For Dlc On Ps3

Everyone likes Downloadable Content for their favorite games. Especially when it is free. Well, Sony has decided to charge publishers for that DLC you are getting on the PS3 for free (no news on if this covers the PSP or PSN store in general). Currently Sony is charging 16 cents per gigabyte downloaded of PS3 DLC. Think about it, that can add up to quite a lot for a popular demo like, say Resident Evil 5 which is close to a gigabyte (1 million downloads equals about $160,000.00 in additional costs to Capcom just to get the demo to each of those users). Sure Microsoft charges users to access XBox Live but they don't charge the company that is producing stuff any fees, yet, that could change in the future.

MTV.com has the full story on this so please, take some time to read the whole story before posting questions or comments about it.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/03/20/...adable-content/

Didn't check the link but read about this on G4. It's only 16 cents and rarely do DL's reach a gig (I think only one thing, the R&C:QFB game that I got was quite large) so they'll get a few DL's for each 16 cents. The way I heard it explained is it's kinda like advertising your product with demos and such. And customers don't directly pay for that. Surely a couple bucks is money well spent considering how many PS3 users there are that would purchase a product. And PSN doesn't have file limits as far as I know.

Probably just another thing blown out of proportion because it's popular to make fun of anything that isn't XB. M$ is too busy bribing everyone to write good news after all the crap they pulled.