I Hate Street Fighter 4

Ok so maybe that's not quite the right Topic Title. I love Street Fighter 4 but I hate how it sucks the life out of me. I wanted to play a couple online games last night and ended up playing it for 6 hours. And even then I had to tear my self away from it. I think part of the problem was that I have not really played it that much since RE5 came out and now that I've done just about everything in that I'm finally able to play SF4 again.

I hate it. But not like you. I really hate it.

The series reached it climax with Super Turbo. But still there is no

fighting game out there that reaches SF level. And I mean any

iteration. Even EX, the worst of all, wins against Virtua Fighter, Tekken

and the likes of it.

I think SF4 has by far surpassed SSF2T by far. I was at the local game store and they have the arcade version of that up and I was playing it and I couldn't stand it. It's game mechanics now feel like it's from the stone age. (Speaking of EX they have the arcade EX there too I didn't play it but it made me cry looking at it. One person played this character with these blades that would come out of his hands that reminded me of Baraka).

Here is my challenge to the both of you. If you are a 2D fighting game fan I urge you to actually put some time into playing this game. The last time I was this addicted to playing a fighting game was actually back after Street Fighter II CE came out in the arcades. It's an amazing fighter and playing online finally brings the excitement back to the series like when I put so much money in to CE as a child.

• Retromags Curator

I find fighting games, whether 2D or 3D, boring as watching a turd dry up. I like beat-em ups like Double Dragon and Streets of Rage, where there is a level to walk through, and enemies always coming at you. With fighting games, it seems like it's the exact same thing all the time. Different background to not interact with, different opponent, but always the same thing: fight for up to 3 rounds within a limited space, over and over again. At least for me beat'em ups have backgrounds you can intereact with and actually have you progressing through the levels.

I find fighting games, whether 2D or 3D, boring as watching a turd dry up. I like beat-em ups like Double Dragon and Streets of Rage, where there is a level to walk through, and enemies always coming at you. With fighting games, it seems like it's the exact same thing all the time. Different background to not interact with, different opponent, but always the same thing: fight for up to 3 rounds within a limited space, over and over again. At least for me beat'em ups have backgrounds you can intereact with and actually have you progressing through the levels.

I've never watched a turd drying up so I can't quite measure your level of disatisfaction.

I do like beat-em ups just like you (see my post on that "Dream Arcade" topic), but I

have to be honest with you, here is where we have the exact same thing all the time.

You'll always use the same combo on the same handfull on enemies and eventually

you'll endup on a screen with 4 Andores piledriving you. And how you escape from that?

Using your special move. But you can't use that special move all the time because it will

eat some Health on most beat-em ups. And then you proceed using that very same combo

on the other enemies which will probably be the ones you've just beaten 5 minutes ago.

Perhaps in a different color, if you're lucky hehhe

I've lost the count of how many purple ninjas my Donatello has beaten, but hey, I LOVE IT :)

Edit: Fixed some Engrish, but there is probably more :)

I just played SF4 on a 103" plasma TV at the Mediamarkt in town. :D

The controller just lay at the foot of the TV on which the game was playing. Didn't see anyone around so I thought what the heck and decided to play a couple of rounds without asking.

My best friend looked a bit nervous when I did it though. ;)

First time I've actually played on a PS3 and it immediately reminded me how utter useless the standard Playstation controller still is for these types of games.

Absolutely horrible to try and pull of a super move. Even the standard quarter circle moves were not coming out the way they should.

Nice game though. Feels much simpler than SF4, but there's nothing wrong with that.

I wish it was demoing WipEout though, although that might have made it hard to resist getting one next month when I pick up my new tv.

• 3 weeks later...
In Soviet Russia, Street Fighter IV hates you...

HAHAHA!

I just hate how the 360 controller is an extreme POS. Things so jumpy with the analog AND digital controls.. it's terrible. I do like the SFIV fight pads and stuff they've come out with though, very cool.

I've been playing Street Fighter religiously ever since II and I didn't think I would like this game(I've been let down by a few SF games in the past), but I find myself not able to play any of the others any more after playing this one. And the online features make it just like being in an arcade beating up on some random fool who steps up! I love it!

HAHAHA!

I just hate how the 360 controller is an extreme POS. Things so jumpy with the analog AND digital controls.. it's terrible. I do like the SFIV fight pads and stuff they've come out with though, very cool.

I've been playing Street Fighter religiously ever since II and I didn't think I would like this game(I've been let down by a few SF games in the past), but I find myself not able to play any of the others any more after playing this one. And the online features make it just like being in an arcade beating up on some random fool who steps up! I love it!

I totally agree I was not going to buy SFIV because of SFIII and SFAIII. But I'm glad I did get it.

Oh and just an update. I literally hated SFIV last night for an hour. I kept loosing online battles and it was making me more mad on each fight even on ones that I should have won. So a word of advise to anyone who wants it... (and this is really pointed at me) if your getting that mad just shut it off and come back much later.

I almost broke my controller last night because of it.

Oh yeah.. what about Seth, guys? How'd you like HIM the first few playthroughs. Pain in the butt. It's like he could anticipate your moves.

At first he did tick me off but now I can beat him on the hardest setting right away. 2 rounds up and he's down.

The computer after you play it a bit becomes totally predictable.