Happy 20 Years Old, Game Boy

ezyville

I don't know about anybody else, but this story just made me feel really old. On April 1989, Nintendo released the system that carried them through the "dark days" of the Nintendo 64 and Gamecube, paving the way for the Wii and DS. I still wonder if Nintendo had a Game Boy Evolution ready just in case the DS bombed...

Gameboy.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Wow, that picture smacked me right in the face :lol:

I can still remember the day I got my Gameboy, playing Tetris on the ride home from Toys R Us :)

Oh boy so do I. My family and I had just gotten back from a Summer vacation and it was sitting there on the coffee table a brown box that had been mailed to me. I opened it up and it was the Gameboy (original with Tetris and crappy head phones) I had completly forgotten that I entered a contest months earlier for Captain Crunch. It was so sweet.

Awesome times with the GB brick. Tetris, Mario Land, Zelda: Link's Awakening. Ah, the memories. I'm still playing my Game Boy Advance right now. Found a GBA Micro with 2 games and a carrying case for $40 on ebay. Very easy to sneak a few games in at the office with this thing. :D