Manuals

hulkcohen

do you accept manuals? i just found the power glove manual while searching for magazines.

I could have sworn that we had manuals up at one point or another in the past. They may have been taken down for some reason though (probably out of concern for the 1999 rule).

I could have sworn that we had manuals up at one point or another in the past. They may have been taken down for some reason though (probably out of concern for the 1999 rule).

I think I was the only person who had sumbitted manuals .... in my case for Nintendo 64 games & Atari Computers. As a result of our "conversation" recently along the 2000 rule Phillyman took them all down. That was before the reorganisation of the site into USA vs Non-USA categories so I think he just never recreated the Manuals category.

Shouldn't think it would be too difficult for Phillyman or Meppi to re-add the category though which would be good as I have been going through the N64 manuals to see which don't break the y2k rule etc and as a result can be resubmitted.

Actually I was the one who took them down for various reasons and I stand by that decision still.

It might seem like a good idea but there are several factors that complicate the inclusion of manuals to the site as well.

Not withstanding the 1999 rule and the problems that would bring with undated manuals and games that were released in various territories over the span of several months or even years.

There is also the problem with storage for all these manuals.

We only have a certain amount of files that can be put up on our servers and with the steadily expanding magazine releases alone we shouldn't run into any trouble any time soon, but adding thousands upon thousands of possible manual scans as well, it wouldn't take too long until we got into trouble there.

Another reason would be focus.

When we focus on being the best site on the net for video game magazines it's easier to attain that goal and keep us focussed on that one point.

But when starting to add lots of other things as well, it won't be too long before the site gets bloated and overly complex.

Ahhh .... I see .... this site is focussed on "Video Game" magazines only.

That would explain why the covers I submitted for the Antic magazine never got used in the Wiki. No point continuing down that path then as they couldn't really be considered a gaming magazine as such. Neither could the Amiga/Atari Format mags I have been scanning of late.