I Have A Question

Xterra1

If you don't mind, can you scan a few of the 'worst' pages that way we can take a look at it. I mean, if it is missing half the page and only has about 75% of them and such then, yeah, it may be better to wait on that one. But your 'bad shape' may be acceptable to others, you know what I mean?

As far as the help with any part of the process, just post and let us know, there will surely be someone to post with some help on the matter.

Xterra, we try to refrain from discussing ROM's here. It is not legal, unless there has been a law change.

If you don't mind throw a scan of the cover up so we can see it.

Thanks.

Ah,triverse my friend,there has been a law change-if you own the cart,you may download the ROM legally.

I understand your reservations.

Could you please post a link to the news item somewhere? That is something that would be very interesting indeed to be able to read.

I found it out not from a news item-I saw in on a ROM site,I can't remember which.

My memory can get foggy,and that is shocking to me,because,I'm 14,for God's sake.

The context was something like this-

"These games are copyrighted-you may only keep the ROM if you own the official cartridge. Otherwise we encourage you to delete these within 24 hours."

It's perfectly sensible-you own the cart/CD/card,you should have rights to the ROM of the game.

Nope. It's not that article. It was an emulation site,I'm sure.

And by the way-does this have to ascend to the,sadly,all-too-common "vitriolic" level?

I am not sure where the "vitriolic level" comment is aimed. I am just asking about your comment about ROM's being legal and then providing what I thought was the proof you were referencing.

He means to say that your getting a bit harsh with the questions. But yeah there has not been a change in the law that I know of but besides that it's best to not even get into the conversation about ROMs on this site because they are not legal. And since I don't own a copy of the game anymore if it was legal to own if you have an actual copy that would do me no good because I'd still have to buy one and a SNES to go with it.

[subject_change]

I used to be a huge video game dork... ok so I still am. I just don't own all the stuff that I used to. I've gotten rid of so many games and system over the past 3 years it's not even funny. At time it makes me kinda sad. But I guess I have to grow out of it at some point in my life, might as well be now since I'm moving to Texas in about 2 months... boy am I getting anxious about that.[/subject_change]

I found it out not from a news item-I saw in on a ROM site,I can't remember which.

My memory can get foggy,and that is shocking to me,because,I'm 14,for God's sake.

The context was something like this-

"These games are copyrighted-you may only keep the ROM if you own the official cartridge. Otherwise we encourage you to delete these within 24 hours."

It's perfectly sensible-you own the cart/CD/card,you should have rights to the ROM of the game.

Well you have to admit that it's a bit fishy when a ROM site says that downloading roms is legal, but there isn't anything to back that up don't you think? ;)

Also I read somewhere, but this seems to be dependent on the country you're in that in the few instances where you're allowed to have a backup of a game, you must have made the backup yourself and the only for personal use.

So even though you own the game, downloading the ROM would still be illegal. It's a technicality I know, but still.

But that's why we try to refrain from talking about the whole subject, and also because we'd like to be playing games for a long time as well and not want to see companies go down because of piracy.