Cbr File Issues

MBJ

Has anyone else been having difficulty opening the CBR files that have been in the latest releases? I have CDisplay installed and it opens when I try to open an issue but I just get a grey screen. It's acting like there are no files in the archive.

I have investigated the problem by opening the CBR files with WinRAR and the reason for the trouble seems to be that the images are located in a subfolder within the archive rather than the first level of the archive. I created an alternate version with the image files on the top layer and it opened with no problems at all.

If this is a problem then we should fix it in time for the big Nintendo Power Issues 1-50 release. If it's not a problem that other people are having and I just need to change a setting on my local machine, let me know that too.

I should also note that the original CBR files that were downloaded do open correctly on occasion but it seems to only work about 10% of the time and completely at random.

The issue may or may not be coming from the rapid share file account I was using as a temporary delivery system for my scans.

I just found out that content I posted two weeks ago there is doing what you've descirbed, all grey screen and when I try to convert it back to the original cbr, I get a bad archive message and the file won't open.

I've gone back to rapid share and taken a file again and it opened with no problem. I've converted it back to a .rar and extracted all the contents.

I'm going to remake it into a cbr and hope that the problem stems from being on rapidshare and is not based on something more serious like a problem with the CDdsiplay software.

This of course puts a hold on the scans I was going to dump into that folder later today. I'll start looking around for another storage site and go from there or I'll continue to use rapidshare and just post the original rar or zip file and let the end user determine if he/she wants to create a cbr/cbz or pdf or whatever.

Thanks for the heads up. :rolleyes:

I will now spend the rest of the day sitting in the shame on ZTTfan corner of my house! :lol: