Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Confirmed With HD, Online Support, Demo Coming

DealBot

custom_1240872713488_Sequence_7.jpg It's been rumored. It's been practically verified. Now it's announced: Marvel VS Capcom 2 will be coming to the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 this summer with a new visual filter and online matching modes.

The game, which was developed for the PS3 and 360 by Foundation 9 and is based on the Dreamcast code, will sell on the Playstation Network Store for $15 and on Xbox Live for 1,200 Microsoft Points.

During their event in Monte Carlo last week, Capcom said that a demo of the game will be coming to the Playstation Network on April 30 in North America and shortly thereafter in the UK. No demo for the 360 was announced.

It features an optional visual filter that smooths out the game's graphics and new online modes, including Ranked Matches and the Quarter matches found in Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, which allows up to four people to watch and chat while two others fight. It also features widescreen support with the gameplay in a 4:3 field, but the viewing area expanded.

The best part? No unlockables in the game. All 56 characters are accessible from the get go.

The original, and this latest version, features brawlers from the Capcom and Marvel universes. It also features 3 on 3 tag-teammatches and four button controls.

custom_1240872705170_Sequence_6.jpg

custom_1240872709499_Sequence_4.jpg

custom_1240872717453_Sequence_2.jpg

custom_1240872722202_Sequence_9.jpg

custom_1240872727546_Sequence_1.jpg

custom_1240872732781_Sequence_3.jpg

custom_1240872737113_Sequence_8.jpg

custom_1240872742147_Sequence_5.jpg

View the full article

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I downloaded the demo from the USA shop a bit ago. (God I love that feature! Remind me to pick up lots of Japanese PSone classics! :D )

Everything looks wonderful and plays just as well.

The demo only has a 1VS1 versus mode though, so you can't even play vs a computer opponent.

I'll be sure to pick this one up when it's released.

That reminds me, while browsing the USA shop, why hasn't Castlevania SOTN been released in Europe! <_<

And why can't I have a Xevious avatar in Europe either! :(