Game Magazine Epic Fail

Count_Zero

So, I'm in the midst of writing my recap of EGM #35. In the course of this recap, I'm going through the Review Crew sections, putting what the Crew gave to various games and why, and my thoughts on that. In the course of this I get to the review of the puzzle games "Yoshi" and "NBA 2: All Star Challenge" for the Game Boy - and for both of these reviews, Ed Semrad has a score, but no actual review. Whether it's Ed forgetting to get the review done on time, or if it's an error in the printing process, I don't know - but in any case, somebody messed up, bad.

I'll try to get a picture up once I get my review done, but, anyway, does anyone else know of any other cases of magazines Critically Failing their Craft (Magazine) checks?

I wish I knew what issue EGM did it in but they mistakenly called one of the head honchos from Konami by the wrong name in a pic then the next month I believe they apologized but then did the same thing to a Capcom representative. It was funny. Also, VG&CE and Gamefan had some snafus (GF had that whole racial attack on the Japanese as a people thing happen).

• Retromags Curator

PSM Issue 16 printed a two-page interview with Ted Woolsey about the game Shadow Madness...and managed to print page 1 twice. :)

They re-printed it two issues later with the correct second page, but a small censor bar that they put over a bit of artwork managed to slip down about a quarter-inch and no longer covered what it was supposed to be covering. Whoops. :)