New Play Control Mario Kart Double Dash

• Retromags Curator

So I see that Nintendo is doing re-releases of some of their GameCube titles for the Nintendo Wii, Looking on Wikipedia it seems as though its the following titles....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Play_Control!

• Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
  • Pikmin
  • Mario Power Tennis
  • Metroid Prime
  • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  • Pikmin 2
  • Chibi-Robo!

My question is how could Nintendo be so ignorant to not do a Mario Kart Double Dash NPC? I mean they kinda screwed up by not giving Mario Kart Wii the ability to download new tracks, I love playing Mario Kart, and I would have soo bought extra tracks to race on. So this is their chance to redeem themselves, by redoing the graphics and controls for Double Dash.

Looks like I am not the only person who thinks this would be a hit....

http://www.mywii.com.au/Photo.aspx?id=1010052

"I mean they kinda screwed up by not giving Mario Kart Wii the ability to download new tracks, I love playing Mario Kart, and I would have soo bought extra tracks to race on. So this is their chance to redeem themselves, by redoing the graphics and controls for Double Dash.

Looks like I am not the only person who thinks this would be a hit...."

I too agree with this statement. Add-on tracks would be great! There are so many tracks that they did not use in the wii or DS version. They could be bundled and sold as packs. I mean who would not want to race on other tracks online. Nintendo will take another route to make money and release things separately like making people purchase each game separate and not intergrate into MK Wii.

• Retromags Curator

Probably because Mario Kart Wii just came out last year.

They really need to stop with this lazy agenda of re-releasing games with sometimes minimal control changes and actually release new games. While The Metroid games would probably really benefit from Wii controls, and benefit more than any of the other games on that list, they need to stop this. Instead of being lazy with Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, they should have released a new Donkey Kong game, like, say, Donkey Kong Country 4 or something.

While I'm a huge MK fan, and I do mean huge in the way that it's my most played game on both Wii and DS, not to mention the Snes and N64 or the GBA one for that matter.

But I would not like to get this one the new play control treatment at all. Unless it would be updated with an enormous amount of retro tracks as well as the Wii MK racing engine (Without the damn bikes!)

But looking at those points they would much better make a brand new game.

One where you'd be able to download classic cup packs for $5 or something. I'd buy every single one of them.

• Retromags Curator
While I'm a huge MK fan, and I do mean huge in the way that it's my most played game on both Wii and DS, not to mention the Snes and N64 or the GBA one for that matter.

But I would not like to get this one the new play control treatment at all. Unless it would be updated with an enormous amount of retro tracks as well as the Wii MK racing engine (Without the damn bikes!)

One where you'd be able to download classic cup packs for $5 or something. I'd buy every single one of them.

I want to know when they will get off their ass and release out the SNES version for the Virtual Console. B)

Yeah I'm the same except for the GBA for some reason I just couldn't get into it.

But yeah I would totally buy Mario Kart DD for the Wii. I think DD was the best in the series.

I agree with E-Day. But I have a feeling Nintendo might be floundering a bit. Either that or thinking of bringing out a new console so they're not messing with Wii much. Their actions are just a bit odd at this point... I'm not sure what they're thinking.

I also don't really like how Wii is just a more beefy GCN with neat controls. They need to catch up in the graphics and online world if they're going to keep up. This is what's killing them. And I'm not even a guy whose big on graphics or online play, that's just what's most popular right now.

I know they're making money off the novelty of the Wii controls and the VC, but third party games are really terrible on Wii for the most part. The only good games I've really played have been made by Nintendo themselves.

I know they're making money off the novelty of the Wii controls and the VC, but third party games are really terrible on Wii for the most part. The only good games I've really played have been made by Nintendo themselves.

At least the Wii has brought back the light gun game, something we really haven't seen since Dreamcast, Saturn and PS2 years ago....

I love em cause they are what I like, quick casual fun you can throw in and get immediate satisfaction from. But then again, I've always been a casual gamer.

I also don't really like how Wii is just a more beefy GCN with neat controls. They need to catch up in the graphics and online world if they're going to keep up. This is what's killing them. And I'm not even a guy whose big on graphics or online play, that's just what's most popular right now.

I disagree. Graphics doesn't make a game!

If that were the case I would not be playing many of the 8 bit games anymore but I do.

Some games that aren't first party that you may want to try out:

House of the Dead Overkill

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicals (though only good for the first time through the game)

Elebits

Red Steel

Hannah Montana The Movie sorry had to

Fire Emblem

I'm sure Conduit will be just amazing but I don't know yet.

off the top of my head those are the only ones I can think of right now. I'd have to go look at my collection to give you some other ideas.

I NEVER meant graphics make the game. I always advocate good gameplay over graphics. I just mean most of todays players(kids and teens) are turned on to flashy graphics. Of course we oldschoolers know better.

What I mean by that comment is that Wii is barely if at all any improvement over the graphics engine of GCN.

I've played most of the games you recommended. It's just not a huge library of good playable games. I myself am a very casual gamer, too. I don't strive for perfection in games and I'm not a big competitor, so the Wii is great for me. I just wish it had a more quality library. Third party companies rarely make good use of the controls.

I love the Wii controls and YES the lightgun, I was stoked to see it make a comeback. I just mean, todays kids aren't buying it and it can't be supported by faithfuls like us forever.

I just read the first impressions for Tiger Woods '10 for the Wii....and I have to say that I am actually looking forward to this!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/980/980933p1.html

The disc golf game seems like it'll be a blast. Amazon has a bundle up for the game and a Wii Motion Plus for $59.99 ($10.00 less than buying each seperately). Only golf game I ever got into was Golden Tee in the arcades, but this looks like alot of freakin fun :D