Egm #12 Release?

alaskana

(NOTE: I made an error in the subject title. This is regarding issue #12.)

Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been asked/talked about before, but are there any plans to release EGM #12 (7/1990) on this site? It has

a screen shot of Ninja Gaiden 2 for the NES on the cover.

I thought I saw it in one of the "Which magazines should I scan" polls, but have not seen anything regarding the magazine since. I used to own this issue eons ago but have never been able to find it since.

Thanks!

Edited by triverse

(NOTE: I made an error in the subject title. This is regarding issue #12.)

Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been asked/talked about before, but are there any plans to release EGM #12 (7/1990) on this site? It has

a screen shot of Ninja Gaiden 2 for the NES on the cover.

I thought I saw it in one of the "Which magazines should I scan" polls, but have not seen anything regarding the magazine since. I used to own this issue eons ago but have never been able to find it since.

Thanks!

Title fixed to reflect the issue in question.

Phillyman for sure has that issue. There may be other members that have the issue that may be willing to scan it a little sooner though.

I have it and actually started scanning it last weekend. One of the staples in my copy is not lined up with the spine, so one corner of each page would rise up. I tried mashing the scanner lid down to compensate, but it just bent and twisted the other pages of the issue.

I have it and actually started scanning it last weekend. One of the staples in my copy is not lined up with the spine, so one corner of each page would rise up. I tried mashing the scanner lid down to compensate, but it just bent and twisted the other pages of the issue.

If you have a thick magazine laying around that is about the same size as the one your scanning use that to put pressure on top of the issue (that is what I do). It works pretty good.

Can't wait to see the release.

Thanks all, I appreciate your responses. I think everyone here has at least one magazine that means the most to them. For some reason, this one is it for me.

In any case, I'll wait patiently and hope for a future release. :)

Edited by alaskana

Issues 9-12 are special to me. They were the first EGMs I bought myself. I remember reading through them on a family vacation after purchasing all 4 issues in a campground store. Turns out a friend of mine gave me Issue 0 after he finished reading it, so that was the very first issue of EGM I ever read. I still have 0, but the cover was lost at some point in time.

Anyway, I think I will work on releasing EGM 12 after I finish editing EGM 23. I've updated my work in progress and included a preview shot of 12's cover.

• 3 weeks later...
Issues 9-12 are special to me. They were the first EGMs I bought myself. I remember reading through them on a family vacation after purchasing all 4 issues in a campground store. Turns out a friend of mine gave me Issue 0 after he finished reading it, so that was the very first issue of EGM I ever read. I still have 0, but the cover was lost at some point in time.

Anyway, I think I will work on releasing EGM 12 after I finish editing EGM 23. I've updated my work in progress and included a preview shot of 12's cover.

Yeah, this was one of the first ones I bought as well, also for a family vacation to North Dakota in August, 1990! At the time all I could think about was getting Ninja Gaiden 2 for the NES so this issue was pretty exciting to read at the time. I also happen to think it has one of the best covers of an EGM ever, with that classic shot of Ryu hanging off the cliff.

Never would I have thought other people out there would have remembered (or let alone still had) this rare magazine.

Thanks for sharing your memories.