Dragon Warrior II

Phillyman

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I remember there was a contest in nintendo power. You would win keys from the games in gold and silver, some cloth weapon posters and I think a Goldman made of real gold.

I entered that contest twice with two different essays and won. I think it was 2nd place both times, with that I received the keys one was the Watergate Key and I am not sure what the other one is they are on a chain with a lock of sorts that one of the keys actually unlocks. I am considering putting it up on eBay...what do you guys think?? Think they are worth anything, I would think they are very rare.

I have included pics of the keys and the letter I got with them, I only have one set as I gave the other set to my neighbor kid *what was I thinking? seemed like a good idea way back in 1990 hehe

http://yfrog.com/0wdw1zjx

Way cool forum btw found it while doing research on the DW II contest.

I completed the first one but none of the rest. The game required too much level grinding and the strength of the enemies kept you pinned in certain areas for a while. In FF it was similar but with more places to visit and level up along the way so it didn't feel as drawn out. FF4 was ok too but once I got to FF6 I felt the pacing was great.

I entered that contest twice with two different essays and won. I think it was 2nd place both times, with that I received the keys one was the Watergate Key and I am not sure what the other one is they are on a chain with a lock of sorts that one of the keys actually unlocks. I am considering putting it up on eBay...what do you guys think?? Think they are worth anything, I would think they are very rare.

I have included pics of the keys and the letter I got with them, I only have one set as I gave the other set to my neighbor kid *what was I thinking? seemed like a good idea way back in 1990 hehe

http://yfrog.com/0wdw1zjx

Way cool forum btw found it while doing research on the DW II contest.

Those keys are collectors items, very rare and worth good money. Not sure on the price though. But I'm sure a Dragon Quest fan will buy them.

• Retromags Curator
Cool! Now if I could just lay my hands on that Dragon Warrior 2 poster Enix gave out way back when...

I have this! The one that has all the enemy info on one side, and the maps on the other? :)

*huggles*

Areala

I have this! The one that has all the enemy info on one side, and the maps on the other? :)

*huggles*

Areala

Actually, the DW2 poster doesn't have enemy data on it, but yeah, it has maps and items and hints on it. Perhaps you should scan it... *hint hint* :P

• Retromags Curator
Actually, the DW2 poster doesn't have enemy data on it, but yeah, it has maps and items and hints on it. Perhaps you should scan it... *hint hint* :P

Mine does have the enemy data on it. There must have been a couple different posters that they released. :)

Scanning it would be problematic in that I'd have to find it and I'm in the process of moving, so anything that is already boxed up is not being unboxed. :)

*huggles*

Areala

• 2 weeks later...

To my delight and I hope yours, I found the original Ad. for the DW II contest in Gamepro April 1991 I still have this issue because I sent in The Immortal *NES* passwords for each level and they published them in this issue in the SWAT section of the magazine.

K, now I am planning on scanning the ad if anyone wants it on here, any guidelines? and whom do I send it to.

I also have various map/posters that I would like to donate if they are wanted...lemme know!

tin

The Keys I won and am selling on eBay were the "Jailers Key" and the "Watergate Key" they gave away 3 sets.

Tinman, thank you for offering to donate those scans.  They will be greatly appreciated.

If you don't mind, you can just scan them (please at 300 DPI) and leave them unedited and saved at maximum quality from your scanner.  I would be willing to edit them all (poster included) for you.  For the poster, could you just take a larger picture of it so I can see exactly where each piece goes and I will piece it together and upload it for you.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...