Willow

Phillyman

• 3 months later...
  • Retromags Curator

I loved this little Zelda-wannabe. Spent hours and hours playing through this game, and beating it was quite the accomplishment in my mind. :)

The graphics of the grass and trees blowing in the wind when the enemies arrived in a scene, I thought, were really well done. And who didn't love throwing acorns at enemies to turn them to stone? :)

*huggles*

Areala

• 2 years later...
  • 8 years later...

Willow is fascinating for a few reasons. First it's a movie adaption of a sorta neat fantasy film that's kind of under-rated and it's a pretty good game in itself. Second, it was the last game directed by Akira Kitamura (mega man 1/2 direct) before leaving Capcom. However for some baffling reason the game was not talked about or reviewed in many magazines despite getting a world-wide release. Wikipedia only lists 5 reviews and half aren't even English!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willow_(video_game)

• 1 year later...
On 5/8/2009 at 11:44 PM, Phillyman said:

Retromags Presents!

Willow

gallery_8883_23_9148.jpg

Do you have other variations of this advertisement? Feel free to submit them in this thread!

Conversations about this game or advertisement are also welcome in this thread :)

Can someone fix the link? I wanna see this! I loved the film so much as a kid and I think I have a rom copy of the game somewhere but I never did get around to playing it as I know so little about it due to the lack of advertising!

• 2 years later...