Retromags Presents!

Willow

gallery_8883_23_9148.jpg

Do you have other variations of this advertisement? Feel free to submit them in this thread!

Conversations about this game or advertisement are also welcome in this thread :)

I loved this little Zelda-wannabe. Spent hours and hours playing through this game, and beating it was quite the accomplishment in my mind. :)

The graphics of the grass and trees blowing in the wind when the enemies arrived in a scene, I thought, were really well done. And who didn't love throwing acorns at enemies to turn them to stone? :)

*huggles*

Areala

This game was good. Even though it went really different from the movie. It was really well done for the time.

It's quite different from the arcade one. Like someone mentioned above, the NES version is more of a Zelda clone. Except it has more NPCs and the graphics are better than Zelda. Not as fun but fun enough.

Willow is fascinating for a few reasons. First it's a movie adaption of a sorta neat fantasy film that's kind of under-rated and it's a pretty good game in itself. Second, it was the last game directed by Akira Kitamura (mega man 1/2 direct) before leaving Capcom. However for some baffling reason the game was not talked about or reviewed in many magazines despite getting a world-wide release. Wikipedia only lists 5 reviews and half aren't even English!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willow_(video_game)