Nintendo Entertainment System Hardware

Phillyman

• 4 months later...

Man, the Game Genie made some of my most played out(or crappy) games playable again(or at all). Even the good ones that I had beaten a few times were like new once I popped this machination of God onto it.

Things were best when they had those offbeat codes that you could find in GamePro and eventually online(<3 Code Creators Club). I had a lot of fun with the 'Buzz-Buzz' code on EarthBound that prettymuch opened the game to you. Zelda LttP was pretty sweet too, playing through again with all the best stuff from the beginning, it was like a new game. I was always big on the RPG codes too, especially like in FFIII(SNES) where you could get Terra to use General Leo's skill 'Shock.'

Of course, it wasn't licensed, so LOOK OUT! Ooooohhh....! I've never had any problems stemming from it's use so far, and it's been what, 15 years?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Retromags Curator

Retromags Presents!

The Eliminator (System Cleaner)

gallery_8883_23_566754.jpg

Do you have other variations of this advertisement? Feel free to submit them in this thread!

Conversations about this game or advertisement are also welcome in this thread :)

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Eliminator was replaced with Q-tips and rubbing alcohol :P at least for the games, for the system i just got a few sheets of card stock, folded one, applied rubbing alcohol and there you go, diy eliminator lol. also found a fix for the "left to right game shifting" when the system stopped working...kind of a pain but i just took apart the NES and bent the pins back to where they had a tighter grip on the cartridge leads. i know this is blasphemy for some (disemboweling the NES) but hey, it worked :Yahooo:

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The knitting peripheral was shown at the Consumer Electronics Show in January 1987 and this is what I believe was the flyer.  They claimed this actually worked although Nintendo decided against it.

This would have been better to post on April Fool's Day just to really confuse the hell out of everyone.  Such an odd peripheral to even consider launching in the US at a time when the system itself hadn't yet reached critical mass.

• Like 1