Possibly New Sega System?

• 1 month later...

Agreed, they'd be daft to do so, but I'd love it if they could find a niche in the market, on a large scale and fill it.

For arguments sake, I still kinda yearn for arcade perfect conversions of yesterday's arcade games.

Now that the home systems have caught up with with what's on offer in the arcade (correct me if I'm wrong, but surely one of the reasons that arcade games are no longer big business is the fact that the technology was not far enough ahead of what people could play at home), I'd love to see a situation similar to the mid-90's where Sega were releasing home conversions of their arcade hits, only that they were the exact same quality of the arcade-titles, just with perhaps a 6 month delay.

Whilst the march of technology would mean that the arcade machines would obviously advance at a rate that would mean the console would be outshone after a couple of years, I think it's a nice idea.

We can but dream.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, these are the new arcade hardware systems that Sega has been working on so it seems.

Sadly a new home system doesn't seem to be in the cards though.

I was just going to ask if it may be just arcade hardware. I don't think Sega will ever get back into the console market. At least not any time soon.