About Retromags.com

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

Who Are you?

My Handle is Phillyman (Rob).....I am 26 years old ......and have been a gamer since the Atari 2600.....I live Near Philadelphia.....and work as a GeekSquad Agent For BestBuy

Why Did you Start This Site?

Well I have always wanted to give something back to the emulation community .....i have some programming experience but not enough to create or help create an emulator

A while back I came across a group of people that were scanning videogame manuals ......A few weeks later i was digging thru boxes with all my old consoles/games ......and i came across my Nintendo Power Collection :D ......Thats pretty much when i got the idea

So Why Would People Want Scans Of Old Videogame Mags?

Alot of us gamers that were around for the NES/SNES era ......still have our old Nintendo Powers boxed away in the Attic/Basement/Closet ......The magazines are fun to read ......Reading about the addons for the SNES and N64 that never came to light

Also ......Like i said .....I have roughly 8-9 consoles ......and hooking them all up to the TV is almost impossible ......Its Kinda nice to be able to fire up the Emulator and play some Legend Of Zelda .....without having to blow for 20 minutes on the NES cartridge :P

Nice Thing is ......With Laptops .....We can play these games on a Train/Plane ride .....and its nice to have the Magazines from that era on the computer with the games......And With the Nintendo Revolution coming out soon .....All these old games will be playable on that system .....I doubt that Nintendo Power will Review these old games in depth again

Is RetroMags Only Scanning Nintendo Powers?

No! .......Any Retrogaming Magazine that is at least 5 years old we are interested in!

Is RetroMags Only Concerned With USA Mags

No!......We are interested in any magazines that came out in the UK also .....I would say any magazine that is printed in English is something we would want .....I really would love to read a Nintendo Power from outside the US :D

What if I want to Submit Last Months Issue of (Blank)

It will be deleted ......This is not a Piracy site ......We firmly stand behind all publishers......There Subscription prices are fair .....and you should support them!

Even If The Went Out of Business?

Yes! ......Look at your calendar ......now subtract 5 years .....that it the newest magazine we will accept!

How long does it take you to scan a magazine?

With a flatbed scanner it takes me about 1.5 - 2 hours (100pgs).......Honestly i watch TV while i am doing it ....So it doesnt seem that long

Do you debind the mags?

Yes but it really depends on the age of the magazine ........I don't think i would debind any early issues .......Starting around issue 20 I debind

So How Do you debind them?

With a brand new box cutter.........It takes roughly 10 minutes to debind 100 pages .......You will get the hang of it quickly

I don't have a Scanner .....How can i help?

Well if your good with Photoshop .....you can help us clean up the scans .....cropping and resizing .....or brightening up the colors .......If your not good with Photoshop either .....you can seed the releases on the torrents that are released .......Or you could just donate a few bucks to keep this site alive......More ways to help are HERE

What is The Arcade.....How Do I Gain Access?

The Arcade is a place to relax and play some arcade games....For bragging rights :)...You must register to play in the arcade......And either have 25 posts or be a Premium Member

Why Cant I Register With (dodgeit, Slaskpost) email addresses?

This is a small site....I dont sell your information......There is no reason not to use your ISP given email.....you have the choice to make it private when you register

Plus this prevents people from abusing the anonymity of free emails