1. 1. What's your favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda (NES)
    • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES)
    • A Link to the Past (SNES)
    • Link's Awakening/DX (GB/C)
    • Ocarina of Time (N64)
    • Majora's Mask (N64)
    • Oracle of Ages/Seasons (GBC)
    • Four Swords (GBA) (Seperate from LTTP on same cart)
    • The Wind Waker (CUBE)
    • Four Swords Adventures (CUBE)
    • The Minish Cap (GBA)
    • Twilight Princess (Wii) (Added to Poll 3/13/07)

So what is your favorite Zelda game?

And in case anyone says anything (because I know some of you will be thinking it): I am aware that the list is missing the Phillips CD-I Zelda games but I seriously doubt that they would receive votes as anyone's favorite and are not really viewed as part of the franchise.

I'm psyched about the impending Zelda overload later this year with Twilight Princess for Gamecube/Wii and Phantom Hourglass for the DS.

I'm old school in general (and almost embarassed to say that I did not play the Zelda N64 games ... I missed a lot on the N64, was a PC gamer at the time), so I am voting for Zelda 1 for the NES.

... and even crazier, the first Zelda game that I beat was actually Zelda 2, when I was 9

Guest 420

I have played about half the games on the list but it's the original that still holds a place in my heart.

So many memories of staying up late as a kid......... :)

I just wish I had a chance to play them all, but I stopped playing Nintendo systems after the N64. And I never got a chance to play any of the handheld ones.

And Zelda II, I can honestly say I have never had the privilidge of beating it. The shadow is so difficult.

I have completed The Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, and The Wind Waker. I have played some of Zelda II, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, and most of The Minish Cap.

This was a very hard vote as I think that the original Zelda, LTTP, Link's Awakening, and Ocarina of Time were quite possibly the best games on their consoles. It was closest between LTTP and Ocarina but in the end my vote went to Ocarina because it had the most expansive world and the most incredibly lush environments. In retrospect I almost want to change my vote to LTTP. Like I said: a very tough call.

• Retromags Curator
Phillyman those Zelda videos you posted are the gayest thing I've ever seen. That was terrible, what did they make them on MS Paint?

I dont know .....but for some odd reason i want to buy a Phillips CD-I and a copy of each of those games ......What Boss do you know that you can kill with 1 hit at the end of the game :P

I must have these!

Guest 420
I dont know .....but for some odd reason i want to buy a Phillips CD-I and a copy of each of those games ......What Boss do you know that you can kill with 1 hit at the end of the game :P

I must have these!

I am planning on getting a CD-i torrent once I am done seeding back the Neo Geo CD torrent.

I can hook you up once I get 'em.

The emu is http://www.cdiemu.org/ but they want 25 Euro.

• 4 weeks later...
I would like to get my hands on the CD-I's as well, the only ones I have yet to play and beat.

Err...there's nothing really to beat in the game, its that bad (and easy). Trust me 101% this is something you just do NOT want to play if you have played even a few of the other Zelda's.

I think a vote should be called to see if the CD-i versions of Zelda should be buried beside the few million E.T. cartridges in the Atari landfill! :)

• Retromags Curator
From what I heard the game was so bad that they couldn't give it away.

I bought a copy about 5 months ago ....even though i dont have a 2600 .....i plan to get one soon .....i can remember playing ET and Custards Revenge when i was 7 years old and not being able to figure out what i was doing in either :lol:

• 2 months later...

I voted for Zelda 2, because it was my first videogame addiction at the ripe old age of 7. Link to the Past sucked up many hours too, as did Ocarina of Time.

I remember the first issue of EGM I bought was off the newsstand; it was the preview issue for OOT. I nearly crapped my pants when I saw the photo of link standing in hyrule field with a caption like 'hero runs miles a day without food to save the world' or something like that.

• 6 months later...