Favourite Mario Game?

Rom

Okay, if we are going for the standard platformer Mario games, then I'm with the general population: Tossup between SMB3 and Super Mario World on the consoles. New Super Mario Bros for the DS would be my handheld Mario game.

If we are going slighly outside that, I would add Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. And why the F has this not been redone or a true sequel been made for the DS yet?

The N64 and PS were kind of awkward systems sometimes.. the 64 with it's bad gif-ish flattened images and the playstation with it's always visible polygons.

I never liked how almost all the 64 games made use of too many primary colors. It contributed to the whole "kid-friendly" feeling that people often talk about. I also didn't like how it had huge block polygons.

The Playstation was just always "gritty" looking to me.

Anyways, back to the topic. My favorite is always Super Mario World. I think I already posted this. After that I'd say SMB3, New, and then Mario 1 and SML2. I am impressed so far with Galaxy, but I haven't beaten it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Super Mario World is still my favourite Mario game of all time and probably always will be. But I've been playing Super Mario 64 again recently and man this game is just so great too. I'll always remember playing this game for the first time, running and jumping outside the Castle and then swimming in the moat with a big smile on my face. Pure Shigeru Miyamoto and Nintendo magic.

Super Mario World is still my favourite Mario game but Super Mario 64 really run's it close. :)

n64_super_mario_64_start.jpg

I don't think there's any question that my favorite has to be SMB3 from the NES. I loved how different the worlds were (giant world, pipe world, water world, cloud world, etc.). It was the only Mario I can think of where you could really do it all too: Fly, shoot fireballs, take on multiple forms with different suits, etc.

Besides, how many other games had a 90 minute movie made as the ultimate commercial preview? I love the Wizard and still watch it from time to time.

What a great game. I think I'll play through it again when I'm done with my current game.