Sega Saturn Magazine Dvd

Nreive

Don't know if you guys have seen this, but I was browsing through eBay and came across something very interesting... Sega Saturn Magazine scans DVD for sale. Surely, these are meppi's scans??? Plus, if you check out the guy's ebay shop, you will find other magazine scan DVDs for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COLLECTION-OF-OFFICI...1QQcmdZViewItem

Indeed, that asshole is selling my scans.

I wouldn't mind if someone was redistributing them the way they find them on the site, but to make money of someone else's scans is just wrong.

But that's how the world seems to work.

I've already reported this ass to Ebay, as did Mort who's scans he's also selling, but they don't seem to care at all.

Perhaps if a couple hundred retromags members reported him. ;)

I honestly haven't got a clue, but I find the whole thing to be very dubious.

Perhaps he sells quite a load of other stuff as well on which ebay makes more than enough money to overlook his little side business.

Either way, I don't like it one bit. <_<

Perhaps, but they might just don't care if they are sold by some lowlife scammer, or if they are being put online for free with only the best intentions.

True.  I just wish more people that worked on these things were open minded like Bill is.  Does ebay log your account when you report someone?  What I am thinking is, get a few people willing to report him on a regular basis and eventually ebay may take notice.

Well, the first response might be to secure their investments in some sort of way, but as they look a bit closer, and hopefully take the time to do so they might see that we aren't the bad guys, or at least trying to be anything but the bad guys.

Not sure how ebay works in that kinda way. I would think if they get one genuine complaint, that it should be enough, but there's clearly more going on behind the scenes.

As mentioned earlier, this guy may be making enough money for ebay that they are looking the other way on it.  I mean, they are all about the money.  They may claim they purchased PayPal to improve ease of integration with ebay but we all know it is so they could collect fees twice from sellers.

What about contacting the original copyright owners?  I know we are kind of in a grey area by giving away the scans but this guy is clearly breaking the law, at least you would think so since he is profiting illegally on the works of others.

I'm pretty sure Future Publishing would not be very happy to learn that the Super Play and Your Sinclair DVDs are up there for sale. After all, they told Mort to drop them from his site.

I'm pretty sure Future Publishing would not be very happy to learn that the Super Play and Your Sinclair DVDs are up there for sale. After all, they told Mort to drop them from his site.

That is what most of us are concerned about, that they will come here and order anything we put up of theirs taken down too.  Sad but it is a catch 22 so to speak.  Turn him into the publishers may get us in their sites in some way.